Genesis Croix de Fer Frameset Build....

imafatman
imafatman Posts: 351
edited May 2017 in Your road bikes
Just picked up my Genesis CDF custom build from Pave Velo my local Genesis + shimano dealer. I said I wanted the bike in two weeks for a trip to the south of France. Deadline was tommorow.

Massive thanks to Lee and the guys down there. He pulled out all the stops to get this bike built for me in very short order. The frames are _extremely_ thin on the ground right now, nobody seemed to have any large frames but he managed to find one at the last minute and get the bike made up. Not only that but they organised for their bike fitter to come down and put me on the rollers and set it up. Ended up swapping out for a shorter stem.

Super genuine guys who are really into their cycling. They have a shop East London or Cornwall I highly reccomend giving them a shout: http://pavevelo.cc/

Ultegra Hydro groupset
Shimano PRO finishing kit
DT Swiss R32 spline
Padone 28c tubeless

It was getting dark and I didn't have any lights so I took the quick way home. Loved every second of it. Can't wait to get out and do some proper miles.

IhVf2D4.jpg
lLSI5Z3.jpg
vNbP7MC.jpg
w2w41Ts.jpg
B2GuHWD.jpg

Comments

• imafatman wrote:
    He pulled out all the stops to get this bike built for me in very short order. The frames are _extremely_ thin on the ground right now, nobody seemed to have any large frames but he managed to find one at the last minute and get the bike made up. Not only that but they organised for their bike fitter to come down and put me on the rollers and set it up. Ended up swapping out for a shorter stem.

lLSI5Z3.jpg

I don't know where to start with that set up.

Is that amount of headset spacers even safe to ride?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Should be fine, it's a steel tube. Could cut it down a little bit and flip the stem I suppose.

Bike looks like it's set up for touring. Enjoy the miles.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    Looks ace - good job - and got me thinking about my CdF :D

Enjoy your trip
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Sorry but sumit ain't right with that
  • Garry H
    What?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    sorry don't want to offend but the steerer tube is far too long. Perhaps the frame is too small?
  • Garry H
    solboy10 wrote:
    sorry don't want to offend but the steerer tube is far too long. Perhaps the frame is too small?
    Unlikely to break though, i've seen similar on touring bikes. Aesthetically, not the best look perhaps.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Haha no offence taken chaps, feel free to let rip!

I know it looks a bit strange right now. I'd love to drop it right down but at the moment I just don't have the hip or hamstring flexibility to do that. I have been doing a lot of work with a trainer and it has improved massively but I'm still not quite there yet. This is also my first road bike.... having spent the last 10 years riding mountain bikes with a much more upright posture.

As far as riding is concerned the position is comfortable and it feels great on the road so that's the main thing for me right now. Once I start getting a few miles under my belt I expect I will be able to cut the steerer down and make it look a bit more natural :)
  • Garry H
    well I think it's a good build.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    solboy10 wrote:

Looks like a pretty tiny stem though so presumably the reach would have been too big with a larger size.
  • Garry H
    Long legs, short torso?
  • Garry H wrote:
    Long legs, short torso?

celebrities-with-very-short-legs-L-Alt901.jpeg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    jeeeeeez it aint pretty. Perhaps a custom build would be best? Sorry i like to be as positive as possible I think that might be it though
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    also, those slippers on the kitchen floor..... tripping hazard
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sorry but all those front end proportions seem massively out - spacers, fork, big gaps everywhere....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.