Toosday. I got a feeling inside of me, it's kind of strange like a stormy sea

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
It's blowing a hoolie oot there.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    blooming lovely clear blue sky in Brizzle ...... left 6am for club ride, stunning ride into the sunset

dropped stuff off at work and logged in ... now off to meet up with mateys and go for a ride followed by breakfast cake before work
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

wfh, cafes etc.

may now listen to the damned
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Up early for a ride... updates later!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just having coffee and then going to get the chainsaw to finish off the job I started 4 weeks ago.

Procrastination, eh :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    The Smurfs at the cinema.

I suggest you take a shyyyyt load of acid or get really meth'd up because that's the only way it's going to make sense and not mess with your head.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    MF is actually making sense there, he should be able to get you some good gear as well. Tea has been drunk and biscuits were dunked, now waiting for some of the other slackers to turn up so somebody can make me another one. Bit fresh on the ride in this morning, had to thaw my right hand up with some vigorous rubbing before it would work properly. Now that it works I'm avoiding work. I suspect today may be chaos and I will be dealing with more idiots.
    Onwards, to mediocrity...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Job hunting, mincing, meeting, chaingang.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, been up a while thanks to the other half, you were right Pinno, revenge was had which went along the lines of a swift punt in the already achy back, so been up been out on the bike got back an she only got up when the kettle clicked.

Todays tasks include...
    Scouting out coffee
    Avoiding responsibilities
    Maintaining the illusion I care
    Watching the nifty lift headoffice drive cherry pickers around
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    I'm taking something just to stay sane with the brats I'm expecting. Can't say what in case child / brat protection services monitoring the forum. I can live with the smurfs their normal compared to incoming brats

Just start on the grappa now. Straight from the bottle. I find it's the best way to handle the day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    MF is actually making sense there, he should be able to get you some good gear as well. Tea has been drunk and biscuits were dunked, now waiting for some of the other slackers to turn up so somebody can make me another one. Bit fresh on the ride in this morning, had to thaw my right hand up with some vigorous rubbing before it would work properly. Now that it works I'm avoiding work. I suspect today may be chaos and I will be dealing with more idiots.
    Onwards, to mediocrity...

MF IN MAKING SENSE SHOCKER!!!!!!!

I still haven't recovered from when I went and that was, what, 4 weeks ago?

Utter head fuckk that film is. Wrong on so many counts.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    Ride completed, tea drunk, desk manned.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Currently spray painting an orange and blue water pistol with the hope of turning it into an awesome DL-44 Han Solo blaster. My son might not appreciate it but I'm having fun :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Had a great idea about running to the local office as I had left a bike here a while ago. Didn't really consider how heavy the rucksack would be with cycling clothes, work clothes and laptop, etc - turns out heavy to begin with and ferkin heavy after 11 miles

Might meet a pal on the way home to extend the ride as the mother in law is staying over
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Had a great idea about running to the local office as I had left a bike here a while ago. Didn't really consider how heavy the rucksack would be with cycling clothes, work clothes and laptop, etc - turns out heavy to begin with and ferkin heavy after 11 miles

Might meet a pal on the way home to extend the ride as the mother in law is staying over

If the mother in law is staying over I'd meet up with Oxoman and start on the grappa and meth ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    No meth or grappa for me today as I'm being bled this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle

And?

Right, back to chainsawing for me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Oh yeah - it's your annual blood donation time. Well done mate.

Me procrastinating me. Though I have already helped a bloke out with his Vintage Bike.

Creocote fences today me. Forecast said very windy so I elected to do that instead of pedal. Lying bast4rds.

All personal experiences of Grappa haven't been good. Well, at least the aftermath and I say 'all', what I actually meant was 'one'. Once is enough.
    Good luck Oxoman, that's some heavy undertaking that is.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    I was just reminded of an advert I caught the tail end* of on the telly box last night. I thought it was a spoof and part of a comedy show but it was in the adverts with normal stuff. There is a product called VIPoo, it's a little spray to cover the smell if laydees have dropped the kids off at the pool and their Richard's stink. The implication from the name and the ad seems to be that celebrity types sh!t don't stink. Very odd.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I was just reminded of an advert I caught the tail end* of on the telly box last night. I thought it was a spoof and part of a comedy show but it was in the adverts with normal stuff. There is a product called VIPoo, it's a little spray to cover the smell if laydees have dropped the kids off at the pool and their Richard's stink. The implication from the name and the ad seems to be that celebrity types sh!t don't stink. Very odd.

I love the smell of pot pourri and sh!t.
  • Matthewfalle
    I sometimes mix pot pouring and poo in small oil burners - add a tad of diesel to help it burn and place around the house for a lovely romantic evening.

Gets TDV well In the mood it does.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:

This along with the capsules of glitter you can get to make said poo glittery.

In other news, the coffee machine has been branded, Pelican Rouge which it has been decided sounds like some cheap strip club. Also car randomly is starting to behave intermittently. Gone from hang off the wheel to turn, to overly firm to totally normal. Long may this continue!
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I... odd.

Gone from hang off the wheel to turn, to overly firm to totally normal. Long may this continue!

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in...

Have you checked your power steering fluid level Step? and also look for leaks.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just dropped the iPad in the lunchtime curry.

As an aside, chainsaws are rubbish. Never start when you want them to. Going to smash it with a hammer and throw in next door's garden.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Grappa and meth?

Told ya so.

I KNOW EVERYTHING. I AM THE GENIUS OF ALL THE WORLD.

BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ONE YOU SERVE, YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Tempted to buy this to do the Eroica on. Needs quite a bit of work and the rear mech looks weird as fook.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    not sure why, but i feel a sudden urge to get a few extra passports
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Tempted to buy this to do the Eroica on. Needs quite a bit of work and the rear mech looks weird as fook.

I'm not sure which would need more work, that or PP#3 I've just been to look at.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Veronese68 wrote:

Ask them nicely they might see you as a deserving cause :D

(Being sold by a social enterprise that recycles and relocates bikes, supporting disadvantaged people in the local community.)

Strange coincidence but I used to live about 100m from the listed address :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I... odd.

Gone from hang off the wheel to turn, to overly firm to totally normal. Long may this continue!

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in...

Have you checked your power steering fluid level Step? and also look for leaks.

I topped it up as it was close too the low so its entirely possible that its gulped some air at some point. Arms arm bone dry play free an rubbers look rubbery an supple. Pump wise its not quite as nice, I cleaned up the pump as theres residue all round it which looks like someones just incapable of pouring but it could feasibly be a leak.
    Thankfully the pumps a doddle to swap, high pressure line bolt, return is a squeezy clamp an the mounting is two 13mm bolts. Its going in anyway Thursday as the UJ looks very ropey, if the cost isn't too extortionate ill get them to do the pump as well.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm not sure which would need more work, that or PP#3 I've just been to look at.

It's as decrepit as VN so somehow fits.

What's the lowdown on PP#3?