sunday purple haze, all in my brain, lately things they don't seem the same

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

going to be a nippy start again, but dress for when the sun gets going, should be a nice sunny 100k-ish, with cafes

soooooooo nice to be back on decent tyres after the conti comps

have fun etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    No1 son currently on time out for being silly about homework. If he fixes up we'll buy a new football and enjoy the 22degrees forecast in the park.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'd act up if you got me up at 6am for homework.

was awake at 6am myself , Cry, so went for a trail run which was mint. Just got the F1 on today, then brunch, then Paris Roub followed by the golf/ friends over for dinner

Imagine being world class and having shit equipment in any sport. Or having the best equip and being shit(Rory Mc)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd act up if you got me up at 6am for homework.

was awake at 6am myself , Cry, so went for a trail run which was mint. Just got the F1 on today, then brunch, then Paris Roub followed by the golf/ friends over for dinner

Imagine being world class and having shoot equipment in any sport. Or having the best equip and being shoot(Rory Mc)

:lol: I see your BR clock is an hour slow also. Homework commenced after 7, serves him right for waking me up at ten past 6!
  • seanoconn
    Not keen on the new smilies 8) :lol: :P :cry: :roll: :|
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Alright, peeps

Just had a cuppa, watched MOTD and a chilled day is in the offing. Blew my legs to bits at Herne Hill yesterday so rest day planned.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Porridge

Ride

Paris Roubaix

Pub for dinner

Agreed, icons are shite :evil:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Got a call this morning to tell me that my old man has had a stroke and has been taken to hospital. Not good given his age. Headed up North very shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Got a call this morning to tell me that my old man has had a stroke and has been taken to hospital. Not good given his age. Headed up North very shortly.
    Bad news Stevo. Hope he's going to be ok.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Sorry to hear that Stevo, hope all is as well as can be.
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Bit of pottering in the garage and garden then off for a late lunch at the 'rents. Might pedal over on the MTB. Can get there almost entirely off road through Richmond Park and then over Wombledon Common. The most surprising bit is that given how densely populated it is around here there are so few people on that bit of the common.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ^ +1 Stevo.

Rode a bike today. That's a relatively remarkable thing for me lately. Glorious day for it too.

Otherwise did SFA.

Nice way to spend Sunday. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    hope he recovers ok stevo

gave up on ride at 102km as traffic back in london was bad, enjoyable otherwise, stoked up with omelet beans and chips at the 60k mark, didn't refill bottle so ran out of water at 70k, gasp

time to go and laze in the sun now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Just spent an hour explaining things to Gazza H. if he doesn't appreciate it, i'll have to kill him but no one will mind.

No luck Stevo.

Toots swimming now. PR later - wahey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    +another Stevo.

As if having to drive oop north wasn't sh!t enough anyway!
  • Garry H
    Great ride that. Tearing up the tarmac along the Tweed valley, rockin' my new Oakleys! I could see riders going in the opposite direction thinking "There goes the one they call Gaztron, I wish we were more like him. Hail Gaztron!"

Now bacon rolls, coffee and Paris Roubaix.
  • seanoconn
    Hope all goes as well as it can Stevo and it's a minor stroke.
  • sungod
    lovely up on one's rooftop basking zone, though there's a pesky plane making it's way back and forth across london, presumably another imaging run for google/whoever, maybe i'll show up in google earth again

temperature back to normal tomorrow, easter forecast looks disappointing
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Best wishes Stevo. My father in law is in he same boat and two weeks post event.

whoever thought Lincolnshire was flat I can share it's not. It's rather lumpy but has a sterling cafe where they're rebuilding a windmill.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sorry to hear your news Stevo, hope all is well with him.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Hope all is ok, Stevo.

Spent the day extreme gardening at the country estate, finished, then moving a pot, found this little bugger, after I took this photo he was running around with his tail in the air, we stood back and admired him! :shock:

It's a young one of the big variety so not as dangerous as the adult small ones.

DSC05077.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry H
    You have lobsters in your garden?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Veronese68 wrote:
    and then over Wombledon Common. The most surprising bit is that given how densely populated it is around here there are so few people on that bit of the common.

Yes they are uncommon for the main reason that they are all in the bushes doing each other.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    team47b wrote:
    Hope all is ok, Stevo.

Spent the day extreme gardening at the country estate, finished, then moving a pot, found this little bugger, after I took this photo he was running around with his tail in the air, we stood back and admired him! :shock:

It's a young one of the big variety so not as dangerous as the adult small ones.

DSC05077.jpg

Oh - they're fine. Nothing to worry about. If they give you a nip just have a large g& t and all will be well.

Personally, I've had a top weekend only ruined tonight by TDv's visiting mates' brats. Horrendous creatures. Banish them I say.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As above Stevo - hope all works out ok.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited April 2017
    team47b wrote:
    Hope all is ok, Stevo.

In Kenya, if you were in the bush, you always put your boots upside down on a stick inside your tent so that little buggers like them didn't crawl in.
    Also, Hyenas love leather boots and will happily take them away at night to chew on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    In Wales, if you are anywhere, you always sleep with your boots in your doss bag as the locals like to steal them and eat them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words guys.

Unfortunately its not good. The registrar who assessed him said that out of 10 on the stroke scale its an 8 or a 9 (where 10 = dead). Right side completely gone, can't speak or swallow so getting fed by intravenous. He's bloody lucky to be alive, was on the bedroom floor for several hours (judging by the pressure sores) before my old dear woke up and pressed her alarm button around 7am.

She has had to go into respite care as she's too infirm/confused to be in the house alone for any length of time.

If I'm a bit rude and obnoxious this week bear with me, although you may not notice any real difference...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Thinking of you Stevo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words guys.

Unfortunately its not good. The registrar who assessed him said that out of 10 on the stroke scale its an 8 or a 9 (where 10 = dead). Right side completely gone, can't speak or swallow so getting fed by intravenous. He's bloody lucky to be alive, was on the bedroom floor for several hours (judging by the pressure sores) before my old dear woke up and pressed her alarm button around 7am.

She has had to go into respite care as she's too infirm/confused to be in the house alone for any length of time.

If I'm a bit rude and obnoxious this week bear with me, although you may not notice any real difference...

:(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Doesn't seem right posting a what a great weekend after stevo's but....... maybe it's right

Should have been doing the Telford toothpaste today with some friends, but the weather was good so we went away camping for the weekend instead

Played loads of football, cricket and even American football, we made boats and just walked around exploring - the kids acted like their age rather than teenagers

It was so much better than going out with my mates - I need to make this effort more whilst they are still receptive
  • Matthewfalle
    I take your great weekend and point you to my weekend as detailed in the "trivial things/happy" thread.

Boys and their toys.

Bleedin' excellent.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.