Unashamedly Hipster SS Road Bike

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited April 2017 in Your road bikes
So after State Cycle Co SS frame got a few too many paint chips and scratches I decided to spray it with some fresh paint - Can't risk the frame getting rusty , If it was Alu or Carbon I would not worry so much. I wanted to go for something a bit wild hence the Hot Pink !!

Followed the usual process , Stripped off the old paint / Primer / Top Coat / Satin Sealer then left for a week in the conservatory to dry (It get pretty hot in there!). Added 'GEOFF MK2' decals to the forks - Geoff Mk1 is currently serving as my brother's pub bike :)

Some upgrades have been added most of which I had from previous projects - namely a nice set of Vision Team 35 clinchers along with a ProLite Sardinia Track Chainset (Painted satin black) and Hylex Carbon Drop bar and Cinelli bar tape. Mavic Ypsion Elite Guard 28c tyres and denim charge soon saddle. The brakes are some Btwin dual pivot with 'V' brake pads for added contact - Work really well.

Setup with 46:18 gearing which is ideal for my commute (dry weather only - Use the muguard bike for wet weather).

Tape on seatpost is to stop my rear light slipping - The mount on the stem is for my camera. I need to get some bar ends so I can sort the tape properly, Currently just held on with electrical tape at the ends but will be sorted soon.

Not sure about the weight but probably around 8-9kg

Really smooth and silent

20170406_115535_zpsaoljtaoc.jpg
20170406_115544_zpsjeot4fho.jpg
20170406_115600_zpswkf782aq.jpg

Comments

• mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    The yellow tape on the headtube is temporary - Just some electrical tape acting as protection against cable rub - Got some clear Heli tape pads on route.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm liking the dual rear sprocket set up - very cool and handy. Nice.

Overall though it's quite smart.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.