fork service kit

fat daddy
fat daddy Posts: 2,605
edited April 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I think my fork needs a service, it hasn't been used in 5 years, the travel seems to have halved (oil in the lower leg) etc etc.

My only issue is what service kit do I need ?

Its a "Rockshox revelation RVL ATN" 130mm dating around 2005-2009 ... possibly the 426 ? ... but with nothing written on the fork other than what I have put into quotes I cant guarantee any of this :D

Its dual air, with a lockout

Looking at all the service kits on ebay/amazon ... they all talk about 2014 revelations .... are the rubber seals, oils, butters and sirynges all the same .... or is there a specific kit I should be looking for ?

thanks for anyhelp you can offer.

p.s - I did consider just buying a new fork, but 9mm QR 130mm 26" forks are some what rare .... I would need to convert a wheel to a through axle :?

Comments

• fat daddy
    ah .. I think I have found it :-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Serv ... ervice+kit
    AM 2012 Mountain bike suspension fork service kit
    • This kits to help everyone maintain their fork's proper function
    • Kits include main fork seals/wipers, internal o-rings/glide-rings, and external crush-washer/retainers
    • Fits for 06-12 Revelation DualAir (32 mm) forks

#
    that last bullet point sounds promising
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That looks like the correct kit but note that it does not contain the foam rings that sit under the dust seals. You will probably need new ones after such a long time but need to check if thick or thin are fitted to your forks.

There is a service guide HERE.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • fat daddy
    ah, thanks for the link .. and pointing out the foam bits