Slaying The Badger...

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,479
edited April 2017 in Pro race
....on BT Sport 1 now.

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Couldn't be @rsed to hear Greg Lemond whinging for the umpteenth time. Good show but boy does Greg moan.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Wish I'd known it was on as missed the first half. I sort of know the story of the '86 Tour but not the details, I'd watched a bit since '84 but '89 was the first time I really followed the race properly. Lemond did whinge a bit but to be fair he had reasonable grounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    It'll ne on again at some point, I've seen it a few times over the last couple of years.
  • Alain Quay
    Alain Quay Posts: 534
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Couldn't be @rsed to hear Greg Lemond whinging for the umpteenth time. Good show but boy does Greg moan.

He had France against him, then later the USA for questioning Lance, then there was the Floyd Landis saga. And he's been shot. Most others would whinge too.
  • Enjoyed it, but my main gripe is there's practically no mention of Fignon.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Alain Quay wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

He had France against him, then later the USA for questioning Lance, then there was the Floyd Landis saga. And he's been shot. Most others would whinge too.

:D

Come on, Greg's an all round nice fella from my pov...........he raced against some greats and towards the end of his career was racing 100% against dopers mostly. The lead poisoning was leeching through his system too so his body was struggling from that plus the effects of full on pro training/racing. His ability to recover from big efforts was his strength in his early career but after the shooting this wasn't possible. Good man all round. Leave him be, he was dealt a bad hand by others.
    Phew! got that off my chest......... :shock:
  • [quote="johnnymcg259 Come on, Greg's an all round nice fella from my pov...........he raced against some greats and towards the end of his career was racing 100% against dopers mostly. The lead poisoning was leeching through his system too so his body was struggling from that plus the effects of full on pro training/racing. His ability to recover from big efforts was his strength in his early career but after the shooting this wasn't possible. Good man all round. Leave him be, he was dealt a bad hand by others.
    Phew! got that off my chest......... :shock:[/quote]

Got to agree with that. Greg is one of the few riders from the good (bad) old days that you can say rode pane e acqua and they have proven to be some of the most interesting characters in the sport. His attitude towards drugs was the polar opposite to that held by Lance. I guess it was easier for Greg to take that route given his prodigious talent. I can't wait till he decides to write and release his autobiography.

DD.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Come on, Greg's an all round nice fella from my pov...........he raced against some greats and towards the end of his career was racing 100% against dopers mostly. The lead poisoning was leeching through his system too so his body was struggling from that plus the effects of full on pro training/racing. His ability to recover from big efforts was his strength in his early career but after the shooting this wasn't possible. Good man all round. Leave him be, he was dealt a bad hand by others.

Got to agree with that. Greg is one of the few riders from the good (bad) old days that you can say rode pane e acqua and they have proven to be some of the most interesting characters in the sport. His attitude towards drugs was the polar opposite to that held by Lance. I guess it was easier for Greg to take that route given his prodigious talent. I can't wait till he decides to write and release his autobiography.

DD.

Would this do till then? I'm going to get a copy in. A bit steep at £36.00, but it looks like a beauty.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/greg-lemond-9781472943552/
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Got that! Pricey but a real treat for the eye re photos across Greg's life/career and also some of the writing is truly inspiring.
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:

DD.

Would this do till then? I'm going to get a copy in. A bit steep at £36.00, but it looks like a beauty.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/greg-lemond-9781472943552/

Bought it for my dad who i can never recollect picking any book up, and he loves it.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015