MTB Biking Shorts Padding

RARCA
RARCA Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in MTB beginners
Hi all - I am long time road rider and have recently purchased a mountain bike to switch up my cycling a little and also ride in the winter snowy months. I do have questions about the shorts, because my boney butt needs all the comfort it can get.

I was looking at buying shorts like the SingleTrack III Short from Endura which has no padding. In this case, is it recommended to get a Bib Liner or a Short Liner for the padding?

Thanks for helping a nOOb out.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    As a roadie you must have some bib shorts, just wear those.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • RARCA
    RARCA Posts: 3
    Good point. And just put shorts over the top of those bib shorts.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Endura Single Track III shorts come with or without a click fast padded liner. Just buy the ones with a liner.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    As a MTBer who switched to road I personally prefer winter longs or bib-shorts under baggies.The click liners are OK but bibs/longs just feel better/more comfortable IMO.
    Even before I made the (gradual) switch to the Road I generally wore bibs or bib-longs under my Endura Humvees.
  • glynrs2
    glynrs2 Posts: 4,143
    Same here.
    You will find bib shorts or tights much more comfortable than the clickfast liner which have a pretty basic pad.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I just wear bib shorts for both, more comfortable. If you keep crashing through the undergrowth wear some other shorts on top.
  • OMark
    OMark Posts: 23
    oxoman wrote:
    Normal bib shorts with mtb shorts over to stop wrecking the bibs.

+2 on this.