Getting back into it all!

Abravery92
Abravery92 Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in MTB beginners
Hi all just getting back into it all, bike was stolen years back and lost the love but the good weather has helped.
Wanted some advice on the bike I built where I could upgrade and gain from the most.

I have a carrera Vulcan frame I got for the base very cheap. Rockshox reba SL 120mm dual air forks. I managed to find all my old shimano deore M510 crankset, gear shifters and rear mech.

I have two sets of wheels Gold mavic 317's hope hubs and the other were stickered up as Wtb. Correct me if I'm wrong but the decals were ruined.

I have an older set of shimano M353 hydraulic brakes, they work perfect and stop as should.

So what would the first point of upgrade be ?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What does it not do what you want it to do?

No idea what ruined decals have to do with anything?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    What does it not do what you want it to do?

No idea what ruined decals have to do with anything?

The decals on the rims where ruined I'm not sure if the wheels are the correct brand, are WTB a branded rim?

Tbh it rides fine and I'm adjusting and learning how to the basics again. Don't get me wrong it's nothing flashy but was looking for some cheap budget upgrades I could potentially do.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yep, since the dawn of mountain biking.

https://www.wtb.com/
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • A couple of things come to mind. You could try converting to a 1x drive train. I'm thinking of doing the same myself and make sure you've got decent tyres on. Apart from that I'd suggest 29'' wheel's, but of course that requires a new frame and forks.