New Wheelset??

drewesq
drewesq Posts: 137
edited April 2017 in Workshop
Yo

My daily drive is my CAAD X, it has the standard CX2 rims and Formula hubs. The rear one sounds proper fucked, it started sounding a bit grindy, but now makes a right racket!

What are my options....? Can I fix it myself?

I don't mind spending money if I have to, but I think I'd be better off buying a new wheelset, wouldn't I?

I quite like these: http://www.acycles.co.uk/mavic-aksium-d ... ustom-info
Mainly as they're cheap and I have heard of Mavic!

I know I need 6 bolt QR, but no idea about the rest of the measurements...

Please could someone help me out?

NB. I have totally upgraded the groupset on this bike, so I can do stuff, just don't know about all the measurements!

Oh, also happy to buy new tryes for the wheels too!

Thanks a lot

Andrew :)
Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
Charge Plug 0
Voodoo Bizango 2015
Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
:mrgreen:

Comments

• http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/a ... eelset.htm with PDPB30 code makes them £140. Code end midnight tonight.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • drewesq
    Those are nice! wish I'd seen this post earlier!! I just pulled the trigger on some Fulcrum 5s, they seemed good vale, plus I had a voucher with Tredz. Will shod them with some (very) expensive GP 4 seasons too!

Might get the rear wheel fixed up for the winter though
    Charge Plug 0
    Voodoo Bizango 2015
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    drewesq wrote:
    Those are nice! wish I'd seen this post earlier!! I just pulled the trigger on some Fulcrum 5s, they seemed good vale, plus I had a voucher with Tredz. Will shod them with some (very) expensive GP 4 seasons too!

Looks like you've fallen foul of your own impatience.

Post a topic at 18.18 on 30th March asking for wheel suggestions. You get a reply at 6.30am on 31st March with a bargain offer but before even checking if any helpful soul has responded to your plea for help you go and pull the trigger on a set of Fulcrum 5's.

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine with the Fulcrums but maybe don't be so hasty in future
  • drewesq
    arlowood wrote:
    drewesq wrote:

Looks like you've fallen foul of your own impatience.

Post a topic at 18.18 on 30th March asking for wheel suggestions. You get a reply at 6.30am on 31st March with a bargain offer but before even checking if any helpful soul has responded to your plea for help you go and pull the trigger on a set of Fulcrum 5's.

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine with the Fulcrums but maybe don't be so hasty in future

What can I say? I'm trigger happy! Thanks for confirming the Fulcrums were a good buy :)
    Charge Plug 0
    Voodoo Bizango 2015