Freitag. TV Party Tonight! TV Party Tonight!

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
Nae rain.

Peanut butter

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No rain here

Working from home as the wife's car is still sick and needs a ferkin dpf - so she will steal my car today

Friday is pub night
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Rain, no butter. (?)

Might varnish a door before work as I'm up early and it'll earn me some brownie points!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

decided on the full skive today, cafes, urban elite capitalist extravagance and depravity

actually, that's true of most of my days :D
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    TLW1 wrote:
    No rain here

Working from home as the wife's car is still sick and needs a ferkin dpf - so she will steal my car today

Friday is pub night
    DPF - sounds familiar...hopefully a forced regeneration will do rather than a new one?

On train in to town for another day of joy as year end gets underway :roll: Might need a drink after work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No rain here

Friday is pub night
    DPF - sounds familiar...hopefully a forced regeneration will do rather than a new one?

Going to just get a new one, as the wife uses the car for the school run
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Rain today, lots of it. Might get out to look at some trees being chopped down by a giant chopper this afternoon but only if office tasks are completed in a timely fashion (they wont be because I can't be arsed).

The hound has started barking in the night, it started when the GF changed his food while I was away, he was waking up desperate a dump so she had to let him out, now he must be used to the attention. The GF is away at a Hen do this weekend so the hound will be getting slightly less attention from me at 3am, it might come in the form of a swift clip round the head... Might also take him with me to do hill reps this evening so he's so knackered he sleeps through (or I'm so knackered I don't hear him)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I found a bicycle in the garage and managed to wobble in to work on it this morning. Took the pub hack as I'm going to the pub later.
    Dpf and school run sounds like a bad combination. Do you know anyone in the motor trade that can help out? Mind you the school run in the stix could be far enough and fast enough not to cause the problems it does around these parts. Taking half an hour to drive 3 miles is definitely bad for those things. But the little darlings need protecting from all the pollution in the big bad city so mummy must ferry them to school in a farking Q7.
    Probably be busy this morning so I should change out of my shorts and get on with some work I guess.
    onwards and upwards...
  • sungod wrote:

decided on the full skive today, cafes, urban elite capitalist extravagance and depravity

actually, that's true of most of my days :D

Seconded
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mahoosif skive today - don't even intend to get into work clothes.

Just about to have a coffee then may clean the car, go to the gym, go home, imbetween posting random stuff on here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    you'll need all the rest you can get, as by now you will have the bad aids from using tape instead of glue
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Got half a door done, then a quick internet on some apartements, now at work sifting through some guff.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    you'll need all the rest you can get, as by now you will have the bad aids from using tape instead of glue

Agree - best put my feet up. That ebolaids carrying tape will get to my, worming it's way through my super powerful natural defences.

As an aside, I managed to do a long ride yesterday involving a lot of descending and climbing and going round corners and at no point did my taped on tyres kill me or anyone nearby.

Phew.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    CHANGE OF PLAN. CHANGE OF PLAN.

Today I will be mostly watching The adventure game. Because it rocks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Dpf and school run sounds like a bad combination. Do you know anyone in the motor trade that can help out? Mind you the school run in the stix could be far enough and fast enough not to cause the problems it does around these parts. Taking half an hour to drive 3 miles is definitely bad for those things. But the little darlings need protecting from all the pollution in the big bad city so mummy must ferry them to school in a farking Q7.

You forgot they must be ferried one at a time to avoid arguments in the car.

McNing,

Damp start today, opened my curtains to what I could only put down to a glitch in the matrix, pair of identical Honda Jazz's not more than 10M apart, not what you need to process when you've just woken up.

No idea what occurring today just in general, news said its national kindness day, so I'll share my coffee/ditch water by tipping it over someone.

weird bit of chest tightness this morning I'm not enjoying either so used the motor car again, fear not its a petrol no DPF woes for me just a power steering issue. Now to aquire some murky filth from the vending machine and slip into a coma for the next few hours
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited March 2017
    Mahoosif skive today...imbetween posting random stuff on here.

This ^ is bad news. I'm getting f*ck all for what little tax I pay. Worse is that my tax doesn't even pay to fix his errors. Talking of bad grammar/spelling, where's the Janitor?

Herro evelybody peeps.

9.07 am got call to collect IBC's from over worked, whining foreman bloke who has it cushty. 9.12 am. Call bloke in Manchester to link up purchasers and haulage. Talk about memory loss, old age and bus passes in a jolly sort of way. 9.33 am. Call haulier. Talk about logistics and whining from foreman who deals with IBC's who's always whining and is a foreman. 9.43 am. Call purchaser who say's "Who are you?". Funny.
    IBC's will be in Manchester early Wednesday. Result. That's my days work finished.

Now just waiting for a gap in the rain and then i'll go pedal, take my chances (and a waterproof).

So where you going skiing then HD? Do you have to pay extra liability insurance for the size of you? You know - the squishing petite continental girls on the piste and or demolishing chalets risk.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    edited March 2017
    Step83 wrote:
    news said its national kindness day
    One of the retail guys just wandered into our department and told us it was kindness day, I told him to fook off.
  • pinno
    'wandered' - no!? Unless this was all metaphorical.

Can we not appear to be well educated, gentlemen subservient's please, ffs?

Thank you.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited March 2017
    Just been for a wander in the sun and discovered potential new area in which to smash people to bits while doing PT. I suppose you could class that as work but as I'm not in work clothes and wearing my sunnies I call "non work".

Also discovered rather hot skater chick cafe girl, which is nice.

Now having chicken tikka baguette and a cup of coffee before going to to the gymnasium.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    Now just waiting for a gap in the rain and then i'll go pedal, take my chances (and a waterproof).

It's meant to clear up this afternoon, then the forecast looks dry and overcast for evermore...
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    news said its national kindness day
    One of the retail guys just wondered into our department and told us it was kindness day, I told him to fook off.

Did you tell him to Kindly fook off?

Mainly grey daaaan saaaf at the moment, apparently I failed at manning up today by not cycling in the rain, this coming from the wannabe hipster in white converse, skinny jeans and overly maintained beard. Coffee tipping candidate found.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    'wandered' - no!? Unless this was all metaphorical.

Can we not appear to be well educated, gentlemen subservient's please, ffs?

Thank you.
    Apologies, distracted by cake. I have now corrected it.
    Did I mention that today is not only cake Friday but also cafe Fryday and pub Friday. I should have extended my ride in to the length of TLW's of yesterday to offset that lot, 5 miles isn't really enough.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    our department and told us it was kindness day, I told him to fook off.

Did you tell him to Kindly fook off? [/quote]
    No, I just told him to fook off with his kindness day as cake Friday was far more important. He agreed.
  • Stevo_666
    Mahoosif skive today - don't even intend to get into work clothes.

Just about to have a coffee then may clean the car, go to the gym, go home, imbetween posting random stuff on here.
    I may have to pass this information on to the minister for slashing public spending. The other option is you do something useful like the shopping run for hard working taxpayers like me then I promise I won't grass you up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Just pressure washed the car. Thank you for paying for me to do that instead of working and for the actual pressure washer/electicity/water/shampoo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Bunch of shirkers...well done :D

Just to be different I did some work this morning, painted the end wall of the studio, white.

Spot of glucose fuel then cement render a wall, which when dry will need painting.

Beautiful sunny, dry, wind free blah blah :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Just pressure washed the car. Thank you for paying for me to do that instead of working and for the actual pressure washer/electicity/water/shampoo.
    Now pop down to Waitrose for me or I'll save another few million of tax.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm actually heading there now to get some moules for moules frites et Muscadet for our supper tonight. What do you want picking up?

Just been to the gymnasium which was nice, now heading home. Catch ya in a bit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, I just told him to fook off with his kindness day as cake Friday was far more important. He agreed.

Priorities sorted there.
    World seems a rather well focused place for a change, namely because my new glasses re appeared with the correct prescription this time, its like everything is in HD now, paid extra for some fancy blue light filtering on them, no idea if itll work mind but the lenses look funky when you catch them at an angle.
  • pinno
    I bet they look more cool than Gazzas crOakleys.

Did you tw@t the hipster (politely)?
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    paid extra for some fancy blue light filtering on them, no idea if itll work mind but the lenses look funky when you catch them at an angle.
    Daughters glasses have that. Supposedly helps combat the tiredness from looking at screens too long. She thinks it helps, but given everything going on with her I have no idea if there is any truth in that.
    POETS day so nearly time for me to ride to the pub. I will be paying for my round with money I have worked for. As the Mrs works for the council hers will be bought with tax payers money, but none of you lot unless Kingstonian pops up.