• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, need to choose restaurant for this evening
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Gorgeous morning so ride into work, gym, taking some people for a run, ride home, Head out after school with bambino and The Hound.

Job jobbed.

Thank you for paying for my lovely day. I will think of you as I shoooooooooooom along on my new bi-cycle paid for by you.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Coffee.

Nowt else going on.

Warmest day of the year so far allegedly
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Garry H wrote:
    Coffee.

Nowt else going on.

In denial are we? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Morning, same old same old... Got up at 6 for a ride to be met by curtains of rain outside.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Oxo, your childs having very much first world issues, I think we all are old enough to not of had mobile phones at school. I remember one BBC micro between each yeah.

Anyway, tis indeed somewhat mild out I decided not to use the death bike and drove in mainly as I'm taking a Swedish car to a Swedish furniture shop later. Avoiding coffee today some Doris appears to have borked the machine so its hot Ribena for me.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Warmest day of the year so far the weatherman said? Bah!
    The weather has just literally p1ssed on my plans for the day.
  • sungod
    t-shirt weather here, nice stroll to a local cafe, turkish one this morning

doing some wfh prior to next cafe, spanish this time i think
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Coffee.

Nowt else going on.

In denial are we? :D

It's not denial - it's outright psychosis.

Herro evelybody peeps

Bah work. Pressure washing me. Weather is pants, may as well get properly wet; no mucking around.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    oxoman wrote:
    Steph83. Im old enough to remember no BBC micro's at school and one of my first jobs as apprentice was going back to school to wire up a new building built for 2 of these wonderous things for the whole school. Sadly the weather has now decided to make its mind up and persist it down.

Steph? Wired in sounds luxurious, ours was strapped to a trolley so it could be wheeled around.

Weather wise, its just grey here
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Steph83. Im old enough to remember no BBC micro's at school and one of my first jobs as apprentice was going back to school to wire up a new building built for 2 of these wonderous things for the whole school. Sadly the weather has now decided to make its mind up and persist it down.

Steph? Wired in sounds luxurious, ours was strapped to a trolley so it could be wheeled around.

Weather wise, its just grey here

Same as us - one computer (BBC "B" I think).

Whole class sat around it and you thought that you were da man if you were asked to go up and press a key or two o it.

I remember my first job in a crappy merchant bank full of really nasty plebs - one computer for each team. Now that was an awful place to work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wifes car is sick, so I've ended up with an 80 mile commute - so not even lunch time and I'm knackered and very hungry
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Our school had a computer room, a whole room for two computers. Pretty sure they were BBC Bs as well. My old man ran his business using BBC Bs with Torch floppy disc drives.
    Still busy here and I've got a growing list of other things that I need to sort out and pesky customers keep bothering me. Bunking off early today as I have to collect the Mrs and go for an appointment about our daughter.
    Balls, that's another cup of tea that's gone cold.
    Good thing about being busy is time goes a bit quicker, hopefully a bit more money will come in as well.
    Nice and warm her so of course I'm in the car. Could ride in tomorrow so the weather will take a turn for the worse.
  • Just popped out to the cafe, its officially warm! Even sat outside.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Our school had loads of BBCs. Dead posh school in rural North Wales.

Warmest day here as well, but needed to take car in today to go to shops after work.
  • step83
    Just a thought, seeing as its Flanders this weekend, is this an excuse to were a Flanders jersey and do an ironically flat route?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Step83 wrote:

I think we all are old enough to not of had mobile phones at school. I remember one BBC micro between each yeah.

Depends how old said child is but I had a mobile at about 15 I think, when did they become reasonably widespread? I must have been a teenager right at the point when they became popular but it wouldn't surprise me if I was years late as I was hard done by and never had anything cool or new, I'm not bitter...

In other news, work is fine, weather is rubbish and I'm working on some hair brained idea our founder (now deposed as leader) has come up with but it's not gaining a lot of traction with the rest of the directors as there is nothing in it for us. It could potentially p*ss off our only real competitor for no reason and there is a danger that it could backfire leading to us losing a client who represents ~35% of our business. Ho hum
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    FFS. I appreciate you don't shoot the messenger but what happened to the forecast?

I left early , dressed in a chuffing summer attire for meetings....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    Currently looking for a ski appartment to sleep six, in a decent resort, in driving distance. Why do I let myself get dragged into being the tour op each year?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Slowmart wrote:
    FFS. I appreciate you don't shoot the messenger but what happened to the forecast?

I left early , dressed in a chuffing summer attire for meetings....

Flip flops an shorts?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Just a thought, seeing as its Flanders this weekend, is this an excuse to were a Flanders jersey and do an ironically flat route?

Nah - find a nearby high street that's mono-blocked and so sort of nearly appears like cobbles and do a circuit race with yer mates going round and round through the 'cobbled sections', pi$$ing as many people off as possible at the same time. Maybe you could have a point system for every chav in a tracksuit you slap on the head as you go by. Maybe you could just go solo, pretending you're on a lone breakaway and making a bid for glory and legendary status. Perhaps muster up some Virenque tears and Tony Martin dribbling to add to the epicness.

We had a beta Max on a trolley. One day the Biology teacher wheeled it in with the plan to show us a very short (32 seconds) video clip of Chromosomes dividing. He has problems, I shouted "Should have gone to Radio Rentals". he wasn't best pleased.
    Funny thing, years later, he was one of my volunteers at the Gulag - well into his 80's. I think he had plans to kill me but was either too feeble or the opportunity never presented itself.
  • sungod
    in the low 20s here now, cafe time, sunny table while i have another espresso
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Nah - find a nearby high street that's mono-blocked and so sort of nearly appears like cobbles and do a circuit race with yer mates going round and round through the 'cobbled sections', pi$$ing as many people off as possible at the same time. Maybe you could have a point system for every chav in a tracksuit you slap on the head as you go by. Maybe you could just go solo, pretending you're on a lone breakaway and making a bid for glory and legendary status. Perhaps muster up some Virenque tears and Tony Martin dribbling to add to the epicness.

I like the image, unfortunately I live in Milton Keynes so its rather devoid of cobbles, infact the only ones I can think of are a section going into a tescos.
    There is a section I ride most weekends that has a pair of long cattle grids, they could work...
  • pinno
    I got it, the very thing - all of the roundabouts, like a huge set metaphorical and metaphysical cobbles*. You could plan a route and ride straight over the top of them. You could even name one the Koppenberg... This could be epic.

*Of course, if this were MF, they would be Norks but he's a simple man of simple pleasures and very f*cked up complicated women.
  • homers_double
    Still meh, currently trying to convince the boss that the small person hitting the 10lb milestone deserves a celebratory wine.

My messages are being ignored...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    I could plot a route avoiding the ones with open footways in the middle, I feel it would be more a CX route though. You did remind me though, some of the roundabouts are cobbled to a fashion. Laps of said roundabouts till the rozzers appears then use it as a moment to re enact a breakaway?

An yes MF is a simple man of simple pleasures
  • Matthewfalle
    The more complicated the better to fukkk with my simple head.

Well, ice cream devoured, run ran, weights weighted, ride ridded now shattered and on couch with The Hound waiting for coffee to coffee. Am also slowly realizing that I have no food in the house to feed the family but can't be bothered to go to the shop. I would contemplate feeding them rations I have in the garage but even I couldn't inflict that filth on anyone.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    ...till the rozzers appears then use it as a moment to re enact a breakaway?

Reminds me of an evening after a club 10 in Eastbourne.

The protagonist in question says "Who's coming in to town?"... to which there were dropped heads and no reply. This was the antithesis of the Club here in Scotland where on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the local town one way system became the Wheelers race track.
    Of course muggins said yes (I was going that way anyway). He cycled into Terminus Road and the town centre bus lane then leant (still clipped in) on a bus stop. We weren't supposed to be there and I sort of looked at him quizzically and said "What you doing?". To which he replied, "Watch this". Within minutes of him saying it, along come a Police car on the other side of the road. Bloke starts calling them a bunch of b@nkers and gives them the fingers and shoots off. Then starts the chase...

He was known for it. He said it was 'to keep fit'. I was green. In hindsight, it made your heart race and it was fun..

You need a man cave with a padlock HD.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just cut off excess steerer and slammed da stem on da Cervelo. It well rocks.

Thank you for paying for it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just cut off excess steerer and slammed da stem on da Cervelo. It well rocks.

Thank you for paying for it.

Don't blame us when you get back ache.