Di2 and wiggle woes. Updated.

noodleman
noodleman Posts: 852
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Hi guys. Had constant battery drain issues from pretty much day one. As it's not my only bike I presumed for some time that maybe it was me not charging the bike properly or water getting into the connections. The bike was nearing it's two year warranty date so I decided to get it sorted properly.
It's had two new batteries, two new junction boxes and new wiring. The latest repair was done by wiggle, where I bought the bike. I'm really unhappy with their service, as it came back with chipped paint and a flat battery. They told me it's had new junction boxes and wiring along with another battery and it was fully checked for charge before being sent back, but seeing as though the junction boxes and wires were still mud splattered as they were when I sent the bike in im beginning to have doubts. Before wiggle had the bike it has been in two authorised Shimano dealers approved by wiggle with both of them claiming to have fixed it although one of them was reluctant to do much other than put it on diagnostics.
Wiggles response when I told them it arrived back from them with a flat battery and the same issues was to recharge it and get a shop to diagnose it. I'm at the end of my tether with being sent from pillar to post only to have the same issues time and again. The bike is now past it's two year warranty but as these are ongoing issues I presume I should still be able to get this fixed?
I've asked for this to be passed onto wiggles manager and told them I'm very unhappy with their warranty service. It still goes from full charge to 50% in 48 hours and flat soon after that. I'm now guessing if the replacement parts have actually been fitted, then the only other explanation is a faulty front or rear mech? Should I be pushing wiggle to replace the entire system or am I being impatient?
argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
Rose pro sl disc

Comments

• trekvet
    trekvet Posts: 223
    As Wiggle are an agent for the manufacturer, and they seem to be giving poor service, I would let the manufacturer know. Fire off an email to the bike maker, saying you are unhappy with the service (incl. very brief summary/job numbers) and ask what do they suggest?
    The Wife complained for months about the empty pot of bike oil on the hall stand; so I replaced it with a full one.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    It's sweet nothing to do with shimano and the responsibility to remedy the situation sits with Wiggle.

Use the link and fill in your details and send to wiggle which should kick start a resolution in your favour

https://images6.moneysavingexpert.com/i ... 1460572984
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    edited March 2017
    Slowmart wrote:
    It's sweet nothing to do with shimano and the responsibility to remedy the situation sits with Wiggle.

Use the link and fill in your details and send to wiggle which should kick start a resolution in your favour

https://images6.moneysavingexpert.com/i ... 1460572984

Given the chances you've given to resolve the situation it's fair and equitable to ask them to replace the entire system. Wiggle will pass any charges onto shimano or their U.K. importer/agent.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Thanks for the help. I'll certainly use the link to send on to Wiggle and hopefully get things moving.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc