wednesday psychotic trance

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, espressos, webexes, bail early, eat pineapple

have you noticed that castelli's jersey designs have got boring, far too few scorpions, i blame sky. though cinelli also is going through a pretty dull phase since they peaked with their thelma and louise jersey. oh for a 70's revival dayglo tiger stripe cinelli aero jersey. as for the rest, mention them not
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Lycra Lovers,

Just at the garage waiting fir the lazy gits to open so they can MOT my car. Then working from home so hopefully will get some peace until its.time to head out for beer and curry in Beckenham :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • WFH isn't its all its cracked up to be, off to the cafe in a minute, wander around town then lunch somewhere. Bike ride later this afternoon.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    WFH isn't its all its cracked up to be, off to the cafe in a minute, wander around town then lunch somewhere. Bike ride later this afternoon.
    I don't do it too often as the wife forgets that I have a real job and tries to give me some of her jobs. Work can be more peaceful sometimes...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    That because when you close the door the minions don't come barging in anyway.

Working from home, then rack time then to the office to grab some bits before home again.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Lovely ride in on Cervelo - it's so much better than all of your bikes and you lot paid for it, so thank you. Even got to see yummiest mummy ever this morning.

Now have it parked in the office, I'm drinking coffee and we're planning how we can do something without people shooting each other.

Ciao for now
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Woke up for an early run today but my leg was still aching and it was raining so got back in bed for a bit.

Looks like I'll be putting the summer bike away again this weekend as it's forcast rain again... Oh the joy of it all.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Man down! Man down!

MF down. Big time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    damp pedal in this morning was going to drive but seems my cars turn to have a special moment. No idea whats occurring there was whinging about a power steering issue so that's my evening entertainment there.
    sherking work today I did too much yesterday cant get them thinking I could do more than I already am.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Herro evelybody peeps

Smurry, dreich and dour. Meh. Might just have a kip and then that will give me the strength to go and make myself a coffee.

Wish me luck.

You're in dangerous territory Step83. Stevo's in danger of succumbing to posting in that CS stop thread. MF's apparently in danger - What's up with the 'man down' MF, yummy mummy, tally ho, toodle pip ra ra ra bloke?
    VN is in danger of a nervous breakdown - no tea or biscuits or a long rambling post?!
    Flan is in danger of actually writing a post that is grammatically correct with capital letters, commas and full stops throughout. T47 is in danger of getting up and looking at the the 2cm strip of concrete he has to bash.
    HD is... Probably the only one in equilibrium - in more ways than one. Sungod is in danger of clicking on this https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Freakin' drawing pin (pointy end) went under my finger nail when I put my hand into my drawer to get some Hob Nobs out.

Think I may die.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Bit tricky in an open plan office, that is.
  • Matthewfalle
    Now watching Ronde den Vlanderen '16 (all 4 hours 20 of it) to recuperate from drawing pin gate.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Bit tricky in an open plan office, that is.

If you were cool you'd have a door frame with a door fitted just by your desk - standalone, obviously.

Every time people walked around it you can scream at them for not using the door.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Now watching Ronde den Vlanderen '16 (all 4 hours 20 of it) to recuperate from drawing pin gate.
    They do say the military has gone a bit soft these days. Wonder how people get that idea?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Herro evelybody peeps

Smurry, dreich and dour. Meh. Might just have a kip and then that will give me the strength to go and make myself a coffee.

Wish me luck.

You're in dangerous territory Step83. Stevo's in danger of succumbing to posting in that CS stop thread. MF's apparently in danger - What's up with the 'man down' MF, yummy mummy, tally ho, toodle pip ra ra ra bloke?
    VN is in danger of a nervous breakdown - no tea or biscuits or a long rambling post?!
    Flan is in danger of actually writing a post that is grammatically correct with capital letters, commas and full stops throughout. T47 is in danger of getting up and looking at the the 2cm strip of concrete he has to bash.
    HD is... Probably the only one in equilibrium - in more ways than one. Sungod is in danger of clicking on this https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Laters.

I choose to live dangerously 8) I am still working just at a slower rate. Rates being dictated by the task as in reinstall office which takes ages.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    They do say the military has gone a bit soft these days. Wonder how people get that idea?

Shut up. It was a really sharp drawing pin.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Herro evelybody peeps

Wish me luck.

Laters.

I choose to live dangerously 8) I am still working just at a slower rate. Rates being dictated by the task as in reinstall office which takes ages.

Living dangerously - unless you have taped your tubs on then your life is not dangerous my friend.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Car passed its MOT - get in there.

In other news, the Evil Empire is thinking about appointing a Global head of tax dodging and I'm in the frame. Think of the possibilities for extra minions and air miles :D Hopefully they will make up their minds about this before the next ice age...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    hurrah! and business/first gets many more miles :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    hurrah! and business/first gets many more miles :)
    True, I'm still using up my old stash from the previous job :)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    @ Stevo
    Best wishes on going for the role - you tax dodger you.

To think you could have put that intelligence you were blessed with to better mankind in healthcare or any service occupation with a social utility rather than shuffling paper and financial engineering for the shareholders benefit :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    @ Stevo
    Best wishes on going for the role - you tax dodger you.

To think you could have put that intelligence you were blessed with to better mankind in healthcare or any service occupation with a social utility rather than shuffling paper and financial engineering for the shareholders benefit :wink:
    Somehow I thought you might say that :) The shareholders think I'm quite useful...

But don't hold your breath, these things move on geological timescales back in 'The Kingdom'
  • pinno
    Hopefully he'll get the job and they'll say Luxembourg or your P45 mate. what's it to be?.

Unfortunately, the have internet on the Continent, or so they say.
  • slowmart
    Drop a subtle hint your growing out of your role and looking for a new challenge as your getting on and need to advance ;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    Hopefully he'll get the job and they'll say Luxembourg or your P45 mate. what's it to be?.

The EU would refuse him a visa given his support of brexit, James " I'm a cunt" Dyson" and Boris.

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    'Getting on' isn't wrong... perhaps just pension him off early.

The EU might just see it as a fitting story of Crime and Punishment.

@ The mad platoon loon: No luck mate. You might need a tetanus injection and 4 weeks off on full pay to recover plus some inoculation counselling with a raving ginger nimph woman in a lab coat, wearing nothing but lingerie underneath. That would be terrible, wouldn't it?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

I'd only do it if I can stay here - interesting as Tokyo may be, I don't fancy living there and not sure the EPO would be too keen on the idea either. Luckily they have recently made some global appointments of Brits and Yanks who have stayed put - its a lot easier to do stuff virtually these days and we have no excuse as we're a tech company of sorts.

No slam dunk yet though...
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Drop a subtle hint your growing out of your role and looking for a new challenge as your getting on and need to advance ;-)
    They have already sussed that out :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    @Stevo, would you get a door? Even I've got a door and a corner office with a view, and this is public sector.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    @Stevo, would you get a door? Even I've got a door and a corner office with a view, and this is public sector.
    Doubt it unless I went to Japan. Open plan is very important for real time haranging of minions though :twisted: