Seat post for Brooks B17

DLSilsbury
DLSilsbury Posts: 19
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Maybe should have gone on the commuting thread, but I guessed you guys would be more technical.
I have one of these http://www.cannondale.com/en/Europe/Bike/ProductDetail?Id=8cff32f3-e4b3-47a3-9e50-014d5fac2a86 and one of these http://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/sadd ... ard-7.html
I can't seem to adjust the angle of the saddle. It points up and is a pain in the perineum. Am I right in thinking that I could buy a new seat post that I can adjust the angle of the seat with? Why can't I seem to do it with the one I've got? And suggestions please.

muchas gracias

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I'm not familiar with that particular bike but find it very difficult to believe that the seatpost cannot be adjusted for saddle angle. Are you sure that you have not missed one of the adjusting bolts? There should be two, one at the back and one at the front and they might both be turned with a hex key or the front might be turned with a thumb wheel. Whetever, you just loosen one and tighten the other to adjust the angle in the direction you want.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Doh!! Thanks for the reply, it made me think there must be something seriously up with this seat post if I can't adjust it. Turns out I put the post in the frame backwards. :oops: :lol:
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    DLSilsbury wrote:
    Doh!! Thanks for the reply, it made me think there must be something seriously up with this seat post if I can't adjust it. Turns out I put the post in the frame backwards. :oops: :lol:

Double Doh! Only joking - As I used to say to my guys when I was working, so long as nobody gets killed or hurt there's nothing wrong with making mistakes - just ensure that you learn from it and don't make the same (or similar) one again.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)