sungod Posts: 16,438
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, stroll to waitrose and top up snack supplies
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Man flu almost gone, so I'm theory I can start training again, but as I left home at 6 and won't be back till late, it looks like I'm missing another day :(

Last night's music was fantastic, the wife chose well
  • Is that right no free coffee at waitrose anymore? What will the faux middle classes do now?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    i think it's changing so you have to actually buy something, not just wave your waitrose card

i've never taken one though, infra dig, and the queue gets in the way of the broccoli
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Chlorine Trifluoride aka CIF3, the stronger lesser known of the CIF's, will remove those stubborn stains for you in no time, Chem protection gear available in isle 6?

Anywho, yes no more free coffee in Waitrose so the faux middlers will have to pay like the down trodden detritus and pond scum of the working class.

Chilly start this morning pedalled in the newly cobbled commuter, turns out the rear brake pads do not work and just squeal very very loudly instead (morning neighbours!) Seems to work better than a bell mind so tempting to keep them despite not being able to stop.

Days work to consist of tapping the mouse and keyboard sending random installs of Flash player and Java to peoples machines to see what happens, evening will be food and perusing tinterweb for ill advised purchases
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Went to get chainsaw but chainsaw broken, so will set up front mech on Cervelo (why is Ultegra 11 such an arse compared to everything else?) then weights sesh, traditional Tuesday steak brunch and do a few jobs.

May even take Cervelo around the block - hopefully see you back here if my taped tubs don't give me ebolaids! Living life on the edge eh, folks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Step83 wrote:
    Chlorine Trifluoride aka CIF3, the stronger lesser known of the CIF's, will remove those stubborn stains for you in no time, Chem protection gear available in isle 6?

Trifluoromonochloromethane perhaps? Reminds me of the chemist who at the height of the cold war developed the nuclear detergent. That also took out Staines, and the rest of South London.
  • Matthewfalle
    Front mech done, coffee on the go. Will pop out in a bit for a quick 10 to check all well with bike and semi set up final position in anticipation of arrival of new carbon stem from CRC - so let's not hold our breath that it's anytime I the near future. Or week. Or months.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Term1te wrote:
    Trifluoromonochloromethane perhaps? Reminds me of the chemist who at the height of the cold war developed the nuclear detergent. That also took out Staines, and the rest of South London.

R-22? been years since I did this sort of things now. either way not what you want to be inhaling. Could probably do with some here remove what ever disease is floating around here, lots of sniffles about.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Is that right no free coffee at waitrose anymore? What will the faux middle classes do now?
    From 3rd April you get the coffee when you pay for your stuff on the way out, or else by buying one item in advance, getting free coffee then shopping for the rest of your stuff. Option 2 will soon annoy the living s**t out of checkout staff until hopefully Waitrose will see some sense and revert back. Speaking as a member of the Faux Midddle Class.

More global tax planning today, although the horrors of year end are looming...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Chilly ride this morning before work, garmin showed 1.7 degrees.

Apparently today is the day people feel the effects of the hours less sleep over the weekend, I certainly didn't appreciate the alarm this morning.

Currently eating a salad in a supermarket car park... oh joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    ...in anticipation of arrival of new carbon stem from CRC...

To save 5gms from an alloy one?! You utter w@nker.
    I bet it's a CF covered alloy one anyway. There's very few carbon stems out there that are all carbon.

F'*ck all the tri stuff, pure alcohol, lemon juice, chlorine are all pretty useful. South London grew back? I never knew, pity.

Me pedalled and avoided rain me. Wind picked up mid ride just on the turn so I got blown home rather effortlessly.

Cave man in pick up truck eats salad. It's brilliant that.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    ...in anticipation of arrival of new carbon stem from CRC...

To save 5gms from an alloy one?! You utter w@nker.
    I bet it's a CF covered alloy one anyway. There's very few carbon stems out there that are all carbon.

F'*ck all the tri stuff, pure alcohol, lemon juice, chlorine are all pretty useful. South London grew back? I never knew, pity.

Me pedalled and avoided rain me. Wind picked up mid ride just on the turn so I got blown home rather effortlessly.

Cave man in pick up truck eats salad. It's brilliant that.

Laters.

Yup - carbon covered alloy. Only bought it to match bars and seat post and the fact it was 75% off and I had a gift voucher as well.

Probably saves nothing at all but the fact it's carbon (covered) adds 2mph top end.

And, surprise surprise, nothing has turned up. CRC really are shite nowadays.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83

Yup - carbon covered alloy. Only bought it to match bars and seat post and the fact it was 75% off and I had a gift voucher as well.

Probably saves nothing at all but the fact it's carbon (covered) adds 2mph top end.

I blame wiggle
  • Matthewfalle
    10 days for a set of tubs as well. Really shite.

If Merlin had CRCs stock they would rule the world.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

I blame wiggle

You can. CRC are being taken over by Wiggle. I get the feeling you knew that though.
  • step83
    Indeed Pinno, I was more using it ironically as we used to blame all sorts on them.

I must say that I'm somewhat peeved, company I work at is Spanish, now said Spaniard's are known for Siestas in the afternoon, now according to HR I'm not allowed to take one.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Indeed Pinno, I was more using it ironically as we used to blame all sorts on them.

I must say that I'm somewhat peeved, company I work at is Spanish, now said Spaniard's are known for Siestas in the afternoon, now according to HR I'm not allowed to take one.

You mean the personnel department?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, been out visiting customers again. Beats working I guess. Only problem is I'll have to sort the mess out tomorrow. Bike is still at work so I will at least be pedalling home tomorrow.
  • Matthewfalle
    Huzzah! 3/4 of the way through Bambini's after school activities - only 3 hours until I can take my Euro Skooooooochers off and park my fat backside down.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Spent the day painting the inside of the country house, just an en-suite left to do so next week starting on the outside just gotta get a tanker of wood preservative and ream of sand paper.

Ho hum, wine's open, feet up, 29c in this here sun room, lovely :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Overnight in cold and damp Truro. A couple of pints of Tribute and I'm a happy chappie.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Drizzly.

Somebody parked a trailer in my "turning circle".
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Overnight in cold and damp Truro. A couple of pints of Tribute and I'm a happy chappie.

I'm drinking IPA.

Chin chin.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Drizzly.

Smash it with a hammer and set fire to it.

Martin McGuinness used to have a trailer and now he's deid.

Just sayin' like.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Ho hum, wine's open, feet up, 29c in this here sun room, lovely :D

This has got to stop.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Drizzly.

Bunny hop the thing. Won't it for in your next door neighbours garden?
  • Garry H
    It's in the spot where wifey will reverse the car into tomorrow morning, despite me telling her it's there.

Pinno - did you watch GW?
  • Matthewfalle
    Why aren't you asking me if I watched GW?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H

Well? Did you?
  • pinno

GW isn't a stripper.