monday intense gamma irradiation for that perfect tan

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, much espresso

need to sort out the shifting on commute bike, i suspect the rear mech needs a deep clean and lube

maybe arrange a trip to visit mes serviteurs français, been a while
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I found a bicycle in the garage yesterday and gave it some love and attention, managed to wobble in to work on it this morning. Bit gloomy when I left this morning after this clock changing malarkey yesterday. I've done some work and I reckon it's over rated. Out visiting customers again tomorrow to abuse them face to face rather than over the phone. This means driving home tonight so I don't have to come in here before setting off.
    Pesky customers on the phone interrupting when I'm writing sh!t on here, lost my train of thought now. Actually, there was no thought so I didn't really. Second cup of tea now drunk, coffee machine on.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

No one else in the office today so I'm up for a relaxing day after a tough weekend of drinking in the sun...

Managed to get hold of a lidl bike stand yesterday, need to get a few bits done before I can take advantage of the lighter evenings properly so I might head off early

Also, the GF's dad has an old steel framed Raleigh that he doesn't want anymore, it's fairly light, 105 drivetrain, downtube shifters. Might commandeer it but I can't see why I would ever ride it
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Howdy folks

Stunning morning here, nice ride in and bizarrely enough my Giros didn't fall off my wheels. Phew - close escape there.

Apart from that, intend to do less than nothing today - currently watching YouTube vids. Busy busy busy here.

May also order be c/x frameset.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not sure what radiation SG's hoping for, wont be solar with this mist an cloud.

Cold this morning much to my disliking as I neglected to bring a jacket so had to rely on my winter mass to keep me warm. Walked in this morning. This clock change malarkey is a pain when you use the one clock you didn't change to work out when you should get up.

Still coffee is made an no one died so cant be all that bad yet.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Morning, work... meh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Went to the beach to drink coffee.

Trying not to peak too early this week :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Yay, got the green light this morning for my mahoosive internal financial re-engineering project which will save us millions a year (not in the UK in case anyone of left wing persuasion is reading). Coincidentally it's my annual appraisal with the CFO this afternoon :D

In other news I took the mudguards off the communter this morning and put in a 2017 record ride time into the office. Life doesn't get much more exciting than this...

Must dash - tax doesn't save itself.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been to the gym now eating before going for a bicycle ride in the sun.

Thank you everyone for paying for this.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    So go on Stevo, who or what do you actually work for?

Saving millions by restructuring something infers a huge company, possibly on a par with sungods.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Afternoon

Long day due to shoot sleep, need to be handy getting out of the office as finally it is actually the wife's birthday

Which being after mothers day has the bonus of buying discounted flowers :)

Later is out for some folk music rubbish she booked
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Anyone else noticed MF used to be a pimp?
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Anyone else noticed MF used to be a pimp?

Everyone has to pay the bills somehow :)

I was also really good mates with a hooker when I lived in Vietnam - really lovely girl. Went to her kid's christening and all that jazz. She used to fetch me my lunch and if she was longer than 10 minutes I refused to accept it as I knew her hands would have been soiled with someone's jizz.

I also used to write her emails, which is a separate story in itself.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    So go on Stevo, who or what do you actually work for?

Saving millions by restructuring something infers a huge company, possibly on a par with sungods.

hmm, our president has just flown in on one of the company jets and checked into a plush hotel, maybe he's here for a celebratory booze up with stevo's ceo?
  • homers_double
    I drove to work in a pick up truck and had left over BBQ brisket sandwiches for lunch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    ...And I just realised that I sound like a hillbilly!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I drove to work in a pickup truck, that's my high level tax avoidance working as it should, no brisket though...
  • sungod
    mmm had a lovely pit bbq brisket a while ago
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In other news I took the mudguards off the communter this morning and put in a 2017 record ride time into the office.

That's due to a coincidence of traffic lights and nowt else.

Me pulling Ivy and using the brushcutter me. I also had some fun with petrol even though the rest of it wasn't.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, I thought I would just let everyone know that it's another day that I have ridden my bi-cycle with taped on Giros and I haven't died or got the ebolaids. And I wasn't even triathlonning, but I did go bombing down bendy hills at a rapid rate of speed.

Phew! I know I'm taking my life in my hands every day but boy, the thrill is worth it!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    As an aside, I thought I would just let everyone know that it's another day that I have ridden my bi-cycle with taped on Giros and I haven't died or got the ebolaids. And I wasn't even triathlonning, but I did go bombing down bendy hills at a rapid rate of speed.

Phew! I know I'm taking my life in my hands every day but boy, the thrill is worth it!

Well you see, in the olden days before discs, carbon fibre and lycra was invented, they used to restrict the riders in the TdF to 10mph downhill 'cos it was so dangerous and every year hundreds of riders still died despite the speed restriction.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yay! First commute home without big lights since octoberish. I TOTALLY smashed it.

(Crying fat boy resigned)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hello. my name's Bally and I'm a postaholic. It has been 7 days since my last post...
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Hello. my name's Bally and I'm a postaholic. It has been 7 days since my last post...

Better make up for it and plunge yourself deep in posting.

Anyway, where tf have you been? and How tf are you?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Better make up for it and plunge yourself deep in posting.

Anyway, where tf have you been? and How tf are you?

Busy week.
    Some time away on the Riviera. Unfortunately not the French nor Neapolitan but the English. :(
    35 th wedding anniversary
    2 young women in uniform, non of which were Mrs B, some gel and a happy ending.

Only 2 of the above were connected btw. :wink:
  • pinno
    Your'e an International man of mystery.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Yay! First commute home without big lights since octoberish. I TOTALLY smashed it.

Where's tubby going?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:

International? Nah, I went to Devon. :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Well you see, in the olden days before discs, carbon fibre and lycra was invented, they used to restrict the riders in the TdF to 10mph downhill 'cos it was so dangerous and every year hundreds of riders still died despite the speed restriction.

I understand that the roads were littered with the carcasses of riders who dared to tape tyres on. Literally littered.

I feel honoured to have survived.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

Where's tubby going?

Nowhere. He's looking for options outwith banking. Got anything for him?
  • Garry H
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

International? Nah, I went to Devon. :lol:

Did you have a scone? I bet you did! You so did!!