How things have changed

redpat1
redpat1 Posts: 54
edited March 2017 in MTB general
Hi Guys, I have just returned to riding an MTB after the best part of a decade lifting weights, boxing, MMA with a bit of trail running thrown in. I am still going to continue with the other activities a few times a week but have rediscovered the off roading itch again for some reason!
My last bike was an old Kona Caldera hard tail which I ran into the ground so decided to go full suspension this time around and have a Trek Fuel, what a machine, loving every minute so far.
I am based up in the North Downs/Medway area and will spend the majority of my time there as it seems to be ample for me to explore with my current ability, the bike is definately more than enough for my current skills too.
One quick question guys, Do you, or is it acceptable to ride the trails (while deserted) with headphones on? Not really sure on the etiquette as all of my current sports are often secluded and I am used to tunes while training. Would like to hear your opinions please.
Thanks guys

Pat

Comments

• I've always worn earphones when solo off road
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I like getting away from civilisation when I ride and listen to birds and sh1t, so I don't ride with music.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • redpat1
    redpat1 Posts: 54
    Thanks gents. Yes cooldad, I know what you mean. I do enjoy natures sounds too but sometimes I just need to get pumped up and when I want or need to push myself I find music helps with that. When I am just milling about and p*ssing in the wind I would probably prefer to listen to the birds and other rustic audibles. lol
    Thanks for the replies
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    There is no etiquette so do what you like. Personally, I'm with the grumpy old bloke - half the point of being out on my bike is the ambiance of the forest or wherever else I happen to be riding. I can listen to music any time, that stuff I can only get when I'm out on my bike.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    cooldad wrote:
    I like getting away from civilisation when I ride and listen to birds and sh1t, so I don't ride with music.

Exactly the same and that way i can hear if a lion is about to attack me.

Would seem odd being off road and not hearing the bike and trail.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Lions? That's nothing. We have killer bunnies.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools