Bike Too Large?? Sore Lower Back

n733lk
n733lk Posts: 44
edited March 2017 in Road general
I'm looking to buy a new bike. The one I'm currently riding is borrowed and is a 56. After having a Fitting, I was told I should be riding a 52. Could this account for my sore lower back, shoulders, body???? :roll:

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Possibly, possibly not. Either way, having a bike which is a couple of sizes too big is never going to be ideal.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    n733lk wrote:
    I'm looking to buy a new bike. The one I'm currently riding is borrowed and is a 56. After having a Fitting, I was told I should be riding a 52. Could this account for my sore lower back, shoulders, body???? :roll:

My mate was in an identical situation to yours and when on his bike he looked uncomfortably stretched out and suffered with back and neck problems so I'd suggest it definitely plays a part in your issues.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    Most of your symptoms seem to consistent with having exercised.

But, yes, get a bike that fits. You can get away with one size out, but two means you will specially adapted hobbit seatpost and stem and wotnot. Far better to get a hobbit frame.
  • n733lk
    n733lk Posts: 44
    Thank you for your feedback everyone. However, I've never been called a hobbit before 8)
  • n733lk wrote:
    Thank you for your feedback everyone. However, I've never been called a hobbit before 8)

Easiest way to determine this would be to post a sideways picture of you on your bike
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles