sunday cafes open an hour earlier

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafes and riding

nippy start again, plus the cold wind, but at least it's dry, and the cafes open an hour early :)

contemplating switching back to veloflex, maybe in a couple more weeks
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Busy day planned, first pick up the car from town, then roof rack on, then load up the canoe and inflatable I've borrowed and off to Bala we go for a play

Later is a meal at the local, the wife's birthday is a long and expensive period
  • Ah great mothers day, think a long bike ride is in order avoiding cafes and pubs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Stunning day - just about to take The Hound for a walk, do a bit of bike tinkering - want to get c/x bike rear hanger sorted (slightly bent but as it's a Kaffenback I got for nothing it's a bit of a fag) as I've just noticed I'm down to do a load of MTB trail leading with work but as they are a s bunch of monkeys a c/x bike will suffice.

Apart from that, TDV is due to return today, so will prepare opulent roast opulent poulet dinner avec une bouteille du muscadet. Lots of chillin' with Bambino as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Finally, a nice sunny day after two weeks of biblical rain. Went riding with a few friends, one of whom turned up on a brand spanking new e-MTB lump of shyte. The battery connection failed, and he was stuck with a 23 KG lump to pedal with no "assistance".

Oh how we laughed.

Fine coffee stop, and a lot of bollox talked. Afternoon of a few chores.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Went riding with a few friends, one of whom turned up on a brand spanking new e-MTB lump of shyte. The battery connection failed, and he was stuck with a 23 KG lump to pedal with no "assistance".

Oh how we laughed. .
    Sound just like a Boris Bike.

Have to sort pump out in th fish pond as its bloody clogged up again now spring is here and stuff is growing. At least the hound has been walked and I've done some more bike fettling. There some football later if I can be arrived to watch as its only England.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Off to my 'rents for Mother's Day later, being a thoughtful son I bought her a nice and useful gift. A unicorn shower cap. Lad's rugby training has been cancelled as a few of them played Friday night and haven't recovered yet. Nothing to do with a bunch of 18 year olds going out drinking on a Saturday night I'm sure. Might do a spot of bike fettling and garage tidying later, more coffee first.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod wrote:
    ...contemplating switching back to veloflex, maybe in a couple more weeks

Vittoria Pave (if you can get hold of any) or Corsa CX. Are you riding tubs? They reckon the G+ is the best tyre ever.

Me on toots watch me. I have been pressured into taking them swimming despite the fact that it's a beautiful day.
    However, it's free from 12 to 2. How do you like that Stevo?

G-W later. Bring it on.

See ya after.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Glorious day for cycling, but i'm currently at a a six year old's birthday bash, then out for lunch
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...contemplating switching back to veloflex, maybe in a couple more weeks
    Vittoria Pave (if you can get hold of any) or Corsa CX. Are you riding tubs? They reckon the G+ is the best tyre ever.

yes tubs on the shiny bike, i've got a huge stash of veloflex :)

the corsa g+ are a lovely ride, more supple than carbon/arenberg, imho the dry grip not quite as good as veloflex, but better wet grip, however they cut appallingly easy on wet roads, it reached the point even tufo extreme couldn't keep them going and i binned them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    However, it's free from 12 to 2. How do you like that Stevo?
    Not good enough. You'd have to pay me to take kids swimming.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Bent in too many planes for me to be bothered dealing with.

Shall I nice buy a new frame/forks (not Kaffnback) and smash this one with a hammer and throw it into next door's garden?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Bent in too many planes for me to be bothered dealing with.

Shall I nice buy a new frame/forks (not Kaffnback) and smash this one with a hammer and throw it into next door's garden?
    Needs an angle grinder that job.
  • Matthewfalle
    angle grind then smash the pieces.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Then burn it with fire.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Spring sprang today. Lovely sunny 1st proper ride on the new Synapse. Liking it lots.
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Then burn it with fire.

Fire. Fire. Burn it. Burn it now. With fire. Lots of fire.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Where's our free coffee eh?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    nippy, when out for 70 miles at lunch time in shorts and short sleeve. BVery warm but windy in suffolk. Every rider I saw was dressed like it was 10 degree colder. Is there something wrong with me, I felt warm.

Also cafe's got to sell more coffee to sleep deprived cyclists because they opened an hour earlier. So they can't complain.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.