Comic Relief

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
So, when will one of the comedians say something funny?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,208
    When are the comedians coming on? It's dire! Ed Sheeran's gone up in my estimates though.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Vic and Bob died on their arses. This Actually thing had better be good.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • Pross
    Whoever decided to have the whole thing presented by comedians has made the biggest error since getting Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox to do the Brits.
  • crispybug2
    French and Saunders were as dreadful as they've ever been!!
  • Pross
    At least Rag 'n ' Bone Man added some quality.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Either i'm getting softer in my old age or somehow spending cash on bike bits that aren't essential dont seem as important as babies dying and kids having to sleep on the street.

Please donate if you can.
  • Pross
    Agreed. The 'comedy' has been terrible but the serious stuff really makes you think.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The whole thing needs a massive rethink.

Claptrap.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    £50 million raised by time I switched off which suggests they're doing something right and is ultimately what it's all about but yes, if I'd been home on my own last night I wouldn't have watched.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Caught a bit of it. Terribly dated comedy. Awful uncomfortable presenting. Terry Wogan would still be better than that lot. Raised 71million, can't be bad.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • crispybug2
    The natural blonde just watched the Love Actually thing, she had an early night last night, and thought it was OK and sweet but no more than that!
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Shouldn't the majority of people who donated be paying that £5 or whatever to their credit card/overdraft/mortgage ... That's a lot of interest on £71m gained by the banks ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Ben6899
    Pross wrote:
    £50 million raised by time I switched off which suggests they're doing something right and is ultimately what it's all about but yes, if I'd been home on my own last night I wouldn't have watched.

People will pay for anything. I'm not sure the £50m is a direct reflection of the quality of the entertainment.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Pross
    type:epyt wrote:
    Shouldn't the majority of people who donated be paying that £5 or whatever to their credit card/overdraft/mortgage ... That's a lot of interest on £71m gained by the banks ...

Wouldn't you rather see people actually showing a willingness to help those most in need? It's events like this that help stop the despair I regularly feel at the regular selfishness I see all around.
  • Ben6899
    I despair that it needs this bullshit to get the great unwashed to think about anything other than their 4G signal and TOWIE.
    Ben

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512

And how does paying whatever to your mortgage help dying children? We really dont know how lucky we are. None of us here are kids living on the streets or will see our babies die of easily resolved issues for the sake of a few quid.

We can live without that new Top or carbon bottle cage. Kids die for that same amount of money. Show some heart.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    What I would like to know is how they end up with all those kids ... it doesn't look too sexy on the telly ...

We just get pictures of doom and gloom, but just out of sight they must.all be chucking on some Barry White and getting the candles and some cheap plonk out ... (maybe).
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    What I would like to know is how they end up with all those kids ... it doesn't look too sexy on the telly ...

We just get pictures of doom and gloom, but just out of sight they must.all be chucking on some Barry White and getting the candles and some cheap plonk out ... (maybe).

or it could be that various religions tell them that using contraception will mean they will go directly to hell and skip over the aids stopping and baby preventing benefits!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I guess that having children might help you survive when you're old as well ? So the kids can look after their parents ?

Plenty of parents over here with umpteen kids - but our social services at least means none of them starve to death or die of easily treatable diseases.
  • Pross
    Is the suggestion that people in developing countries shouldn't have kids in case there is a famine at some point in the future or there's an epidemic of Ebola that leaves the kids orphaned?

People think I'm cynical and unemotional but at times on this site I feel like a bleeding heart liberal!