Much difference between Mens and Womens Synapse geometry?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,579
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
On the lookout for a cheap 10 spd Alloy Synapse for Turbo use, and noticed often the womens variants are discounted more than the mens.

cannondalesynapsewomens384.png

C16_geo_synapse.ashx?vs=1&d=20150826T230952Z

I can see some differences, mostly in angles, but does anyone think these would be significant to the fit?
Or could I overcome them with a longer stem etc etc
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    That's interesting DB. Don't know the answer but looking at the geometry charts I'd be a 56cm (not sure I'd particulay want a 18 cm head tube, though I have a Tifosi CK7 which has 17.3 cm so not far off)

Think I might take a look to see what bargains may be out there, as long as not pink or adorned with swirly flower transfers...

I reckon you'd be able to make it fit with stems etc,

EDIT: not very girly then?! Very nice (I like stealth)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... di2-49501/
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I remember a local bike shop trying to sell me a women's bike without admitting that's what it was. It was at a decent discount and I think I'd have gone for it if he'd been upfront about it, but I have a natural aversion to being lied to.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Daniel B wrote:
    On the lookout for a cheap 10 spd Alloy Synapse for Turbo use

Why so specific, if it is just for turbo use?
  • daniel_b
    Imposter wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    On the lookout for a cheap 10 spd Alloy Synapse for Turbo use

Why so specific, if it is just for turbo use?

Well I have a Felt on there at the mo that's too big for me, and I know the Synapse fits my dimensions well, having both alloy and carbon variants.
    So bearing that in mind, assumed that to get the maximum (arguably, but subjectively, turbo workouts are likely to be more intense than outdoor riding) out of turbo training, it might be most sensible to also have one on there.
    It would also be a bike I could bung a wheel on, and chuck in the car for when we go abroad.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    @L2R, that one you linked does look nice.

I'm looking tuther end of the spectrum.
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Synapse-Sora-7-Womens-2016-Road-Bike_83242.htm

That one is only 9spd though, would prefer 10spd really.

I think I would still be a 54.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Interesting. Wouldn't mind getting that to replace my Tifosi frame as it can get a little jarring on longer rides. Stick a SRAM gruppo on it and some decent wheels and well sorted...doubt would get much for the Sora / FSA parts off it though
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...