sungod Posts: 16,432
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

decided to have a day off, utter laziness punctuated by visits to cafes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Sorry, no time for that. Have to work today.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sunny but fresh, bound to rain later. POET day, so cycle to work, sit around, deal with complaint over perceived but utterly non existent security risk that wasn't anything to do with me but landed on my desk then go to the gym and cycle home.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Garry H wrote:

You don't belong here.

Saw some coffee article on the home page of this site, ignored it. not like I'm going to stop abusing my office coffee machine is it.

Interviewing for a new person later, was told the test I had made was too hard, riposte; separates the useful and the useless.

Poker and maybe wine later, tempted to not drink for a month or so
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    POETS day for me too. Not travelling to Denmark means I am free to go to the cafe and eat dead pig based products. This also means the weekend is my own, at least in theory. We all know it won't pan out that way not least because Sunday is Mothers Day so I really should go and see the old dear, even though I do most Sundays.
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You don't belong here.

... tempted to not drink for a month or so

And you say Garrrrrry doesn't belong here?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Currently skiving as I work to hard. Treating myself to a bottle of Jack Daniels later and the Missus says she's happy to play dress up for me at bedtime :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You don't belong here.

... tempted to not drink for a month or so

And you say Garrrrrry doesn't belong here?

Jesus - nobody likes a quitter
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WTF is POETS day anyway?

Tempranillo Thurdsay is taking its toll, bailed out of the club run last night, bailed out of the morning ride today even though it's sunny.

Woe is I...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Chilling after being battered by eldest mucking about, my fault my knee connected with his shin. Panda eyes coming me thinks. Everyone out except me so taking it steady ready for 200k Audax tomorrow. Lots of nice coffee, me thinks this wkend.

Panda eyes?

Surely bilateral perioptical ecchymosis?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    WTF is POETS day anyway?

Tempranillo Thurdsay is taking its toll, bailed out of the club run last night, bailed out of the morning ride today even though it's sunny.

Woe is I...

It's POET day, innit.......... do we have to spell everything out?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited March 2017
    Sunny but fresh, bound to rain later. POET day, so cycle to work, sit around, deal with complaint over perceived but utterly non existent security risk that wasn't anything to do with me but landed on my desk then go to the gym and cycle home.

Huzzah! Successfully chinned upwards! Huzzah!

Now for Coronation chicken baguette for brekkie and time to put my feet up.

Huzzah! Huzzah!

Have also just received confirmation of secondment to some US dudes far away from here.

Further Huzzah! Huzzah!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    WTF is POETS day anyway?
    I'm surprised you're not all over this, it's P!ss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Or in the case of my job, just pisssss off early today. It doesn't really matter what the following day is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Or in the case of my job, just pisssss off early today. It doesn't really matter what the following day is.

this is correct thinking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WFH today, stunning weather. Heading down south for the weekend to a house warming this afternoon, I know the couple but no one else so I'll have to get smashed and make a fool of myself as usual.

Trying to weigh up whether it's worth me suggesting getting a new bike to the GF or not. If it's a lost cause already then I don't think it's worth the hassle even floating the idea, anything that would be worth upgrading for is mentally expensive however. Considered upgrading parts but even that seems to have gone up a silly amount in the last year. If I don't get a bike then I'll probably blow 70% of the money on a number less expensive things either way, I've not bought a new guitar in a while, she knows this...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    HaydenM wrote:
    WFH today, stunning weather. Heading down south for the weekend to a house warming this afternoon, I know the couple but no one else so I'll have to get smashed and make a fool of myself as usual.

Trying to weigh up whether it's worth me suggesting getting a new bike to the GF or not. If it's a lost cause already then I don't think it's worth the hassle even floating the idea, anything that would be worth upgrading for is mentally expensive however. Considered upgrading parts but even that seems to have gone up a silly amount in the last year. If I don't get a bike then I'll probably blow 70% of the money on a number less expensive things either way, I've not bought a new guitar in a while, she knows this...
    Bring the sun with you when you head down south, it's gloomy as f@ck at the moment.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

Just buy it and when she complains show her a picture of TDNFNATN and tell her that if she looked more like TDN and less like she does then perhaps you may not have bought it so she had better get her act in order otherwise there's trouble ahead.

I'd have a pre-arranged lab coat ready to hand so you can fling it at her with words of "and you can put this on for a frickin' start" heading towards her.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    HaydenM wrote:

show the cost of upgrades (embellished) and the cost of new bike.

Offer up alternatives such as a noisy guitar which means more sitting around drinking, not outside staying in top shape so she can show you off
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

Offer up alternatives such as a noisy guitar which means more sitting around drinking, not outside staying in top shape so she can show you off

Yeah, right, because having a really skinny bloke with stupid tan marks and shaved legs is going to well impress all her mates and get her rampant.

I vote for my plan. I think it's well better.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    WFH today, stunning weather.
    Bring the sun with you when you head down south, it's gloomy as f@ck at the moment.

I say 'down south', I mean Hull, which is down south of here. I hope for your sake that you aren't in Hull so unfortunately it won't do much good...
    Just buy it and when she complains show her a picture of TDNFNATN and tell her that if she looked more like TDN and less like she does then perhaps you may not have bought it so she had better get her act in order otherwise there's trouble ahead.

I'd have a pre-arranged lab coat ready to hand so you can fling it at her with words of "and you can put this on for a frickin' start" heading towards her.

She has her own lab coat (she works in a lab so I assume she does anyway) so maybe she's read my mind. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Flâneur wrote:

Yeah, right, because having a really skinny bloke with stupid tan marks and shaved legs is going to well impress all her mates and get her rampant.

It's a mountain bike so I'll be stacked and rugged looking with an alluring risk taking attitude...

I've been riding for 15 years and it's not happened yet, I'm sure that a £7k bike will help though
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur wrote:

MF looking in the mirror again. curls are for girls mate, remember tha. PS how is that chick who failed her run
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Nooooooooooooo! Just had to do some work. Well, pull out the mountain bikes I'm in charge of, pump up the tyres and put them away again.

Heard nothing so, in the nicest possible way, not my problem any more. I'd still smash her, even though she can't run.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pictures of burd wearing lab coat or it didn't happen.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    HaydenM wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    [/quote
    Flâneur wrote:

...I'll be stacked and rugged looking with an alluring risk taking attitude...

You mean being covered in sh1t and dragging your filthy bike through the house, constantly washing your bike in the bath with you and filling up the washing machine on a regular basis?!

It's here Mugensi.

Herro evelybody peeps

I have been mowstly doing admin sh1t.
    Now there's a fusion of comedy shows.
    As I have done what needed to do (note, not 'wanted' - needed), i'm off pedalling. it's a sunny 12deg c here, not a breath of wind. (bugger off T47).

Laters.

1_ck-1346---wht_750.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    [/quote
    Flâneur wrote:

You mean being covered in sh1t and dragging your filthy bike through the house, constantly washing your bike in the bath with you and filling up the washing machine on a regular basis?!

Along with injuring myself reasonably regularly and expecting sympathy. Luckily in the new house I've got space to clean and leave the bike outside until it's dry, plus they don't all live in the kitchen like the last place, she's a lucky girl.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    [/quote
    Flâneur wrote:

It's here Mugensi.

Herro evelybody peeps

I have been mowstly doing admin sh1t.
    Now there's a fusion of comedy shows.
    As I have done what needed to do (note, not 'wanted' - needed), i'm off pedalling. it's a sunny 12deg c here, not a breath of wind. (bugger off T47).

Laters.

1_ck-1346---wht_750.jpg

Labtastic smashtastic.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Pictures of burd wearing lab coat or it didn't happen.
    Are you asking for pictures of smashtastic attempting to run girl in a lab coat? Surely you are the only one that can furnish us with that, or just pictures of her norks.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Woo, just booked ferries for summer, just need a nice new top for the sunny bike rides along the lake bank.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Hayden has kindly offered to supply us with piccies of his Doris in a lab coat, so we await. Norks would be a bonus but anything labcoattastic will make our days pass that bit quicker. Well, for a very limited amount of time before we send Pinno on a mission to find pics of Alizzee in a lab coat.

As it is, I'm off to the gym. Catch ya in a bit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Still torturing very large numbers today - oh the joys. In about an hour they will tell me what I want to hear. (Well this is my pitch for most boring post of the day as I didn't win it yesterday)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]