Attack on parliment

Comments

• Joshgav
    Joshgav Posts: 158
    Hope everyone on here is ok, just down the road from my office and where I normally run. Glad I didn't go out that way today.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    At least one innocent victim has lost their life. Some others have catastrophic injuries.
    Unbelievable. I really thought the UK would be immune to these heinous terror attacks where the Islamists use vehicles as a weapon.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Joshgav
    Joshgav Posts: 158
    Mr Goo wrote:
    At least one innocent victim has lost their life. Some others have catastrophic injuries.
    Unbelievable. I really thought the UK would be immune to these heinous terror attacks where the Islamists use vehicles as a weapon.

Why would we be immune? I'm amazed that we have had so few successful attacks in this country, it's a testament to the work our security services do. Working in London in both Canary Wharf and near Westminster, I'm incredibly glad they do their jobs so well.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,215
    Mr Goo wrote:

Out of interest, where did you read it was an islamist?

Since I haven't heard anything on the origin of the attacker.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I really thought the UK would be immune to these heinous terror attacks

Like others, I'm interested to understand why you think the UK might have been 'immune'..??
  • mr_goo
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Like others, I'm interested to understand why you think the UK might have been 'immune'..??

I thought the UK would not experience this kind of attack because of the amazing work the security services do in preventing terrorist activities.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mr_goo
    edited March 2017
    Mr Goo wrote:

I've been listening to witness reports on the radio and it appears that at least one assailant was of Asian origin. Also the modus operandi of the attack which bears similarities to attacks across mainland Europe. Therefore I draw the rather obvious conclusion that it was Islamic inspired and not the PIRA or Bader Meinhoff reborn.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I've been listening to witness reports on the radio and it appears that at least one assailant was of Asian origin. Therefore I draw the rather obvious conclusion.

<shakes head in despondency> .............
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I thought the UK would not experience this kind of attack because of the amazing work the security services do in preventing terrorist activities.

You believe they can stop someone mounting a kerb and driving along the pavement? Seriously?
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I've been listening to witness reports on the radio and it appears that at least one assailant was of Asian origin. Therefore I draw the rather obvious conclusion.

<shakes head in despondency> .............

I have edited/added to my response.
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

You believe they can stop someone mounting a kerb and driving along the pavement? Seriously?

Why so angry/uptight that I didn't think this would happen.
    It's tragic and very very upsetting.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

more importantly how did you discern his religion from the extent of his skin tone.

Would it be less worse if it was a pensioner who hit the wrong pedal?
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

It's sheer naivety that you didn't think this would happen. You can only juggle so many plates.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I've been listening to witness reports on the radio and it appears that at least one assailant was of Asian origin. Also the modus operandi of the attack which bears similarities to attacks across mainland Europe. Therefore I draw the rather obvious conclusion that it was Islamic inspired and not the PIRA or Bader Meinhoff reborn.

Why? Because there are no Asians in N. Ireland or Germany?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I'm just baffled why you think it's preventable that's all. The reason its became a favoured tactic is because it's not.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

I'm just baffled why you think it's preventable that's all. The reason its became a favoured tactic is because it's not.

Very, very upsetting? Would it be more upsetting or less upsetting if it was, say, in Rochdale and not hallowed old London Town?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Very, very upsetting? Would it be more upsetting or less upsetting if it was, say, in Rochdale and not hallowed old London Town?

To be fair, I think you're putting words in Mr Goo's mouth there.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,215
    Look Goo may very well be right - just best not to assume too much for now.
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    The fact that this happens so infrequently is a comfort to me. Almost everyone reading this message has the tools needed to carry out thiese attacks, yet they rarely happen. Strikes me that there aren't so many people out there with murderous intent towards the UK population.

The same goes for the USA too, if there are hoards of ISIS terrorists in the US, why aren't there shootings by them every day?
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    It was utter chaos. I was on the south side of Westminster bridge about 30 mins after the attack.

I felt sick with the amount of wounded and and sheer amounts of ambulances and police.

So far, 2 dead not including the attacker / terrorist.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    My children's sister (ex wife's child by a another man) is in London at the moment with her French classmates, and I understand that the Houses of Parliament were on the itinerary.
    I've tried contacting her on Facebook but no reply, hopefully she and her classmates are safe.
  • 4 now reported dead including the policeman who was stabbed :( and the piece of scum who caused this
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    crispybug2 wrote:
    My children's sister (ex wife's child by a another man) is in London at the moment with her French classmates, and I understand that the Houses of Parliament were on the itinerary.
    I've tried contacting her on Facebook but no reply, hopefully she and her classmates are safe.

Thoughts are with you at this horrible time
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

more importantly how did you discern his religion from the extent of his skin tone.

Would it be less worse if it was a pensioner who hit the wrong pedal?
    What's wrong with connecting the dots?

And yes, a premeditated attack is worse than an accident :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mr_goo
    Here is the scumbag culprit. May he rot in hell.

search?q=westminster+attacker&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY6oHU5erSAhWlCcAKHdS6Ae4Q_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=AnJyHzpj792k0M:[img][/img]
  • imposter2.0
    seanoconn wrote:

He's not doing that though, is he? He is simply presuming.
  • imposter2.0
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Here is the scumbag culprit. May he rot in hell.

search?q=westminster+attacker&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY6oHU5erSAhWlCcAKHdS6Ae4Q_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=AnJyHzpj792k0M:[img][/img]

He won't be going to hell.
  • mr_goo
    Imposter wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

He's not doing that though, is he? He is simply presuming.

No. I'm am simply analysing what has happened. Eyewitness statements. Plus which terrorist organisations are likely to attack Westminster/London/UK.
    To think it is anything other than an Islamic/IS/Daesh/ Al-Qaeda inspired attack would be most unlikely.
  • imposter2.0
    Mr Goo wrote:
    No. I'm am simply analysing what has happened.

You might think you are, but you're not - you're just extrapolating. There's a big difference. One is based on intelligence, the other in this case, is based on stupidity.
  • If the named attacker is correct, he is London born hate preacher who is well known to the police and the media.

Time for the UK justice system to take a harder line with these sort of people...