Defend the indefensible

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
Just like on R5 show "Fighting Talk", you suggest an outrageous thing, next poster defends it and then suggests the next topic. Rules: one sentence each, for topic and answer.

First topic: "George Osborne's​ new job in no way conflicts with his role as an MP"

GO!

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    SecretSam wrote:
    Just like on R5 show "Fighting Talk", you suggest an outrageous thing, next poster defends it and then suggests the next topic. Rules: one sentence each, for topic and answer.

First topic: "George Osborne's​ new job in no way conflicts with his role as an MP"

GO!

Pretty much everything George Osbourne has done in govt has been bad - if he has a full time job working at the Evening Standard he is going to have less time to do stuff in government - which as what he does is generally bad is a good thing.

"The Grand Wizard of the KKK should be given the power to appoint the US president"
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    SecretSam wrote:

GO!

Pretty much everything George Osbourne has done in govt has been bad - if he has a full time job working at the Evening Standard he is going to have less time to do stuff in government - which as what he does is generally bad is a good thing.

"The Grand Wizard of the KKK should be given the power to appoint the US president"

It must produce a better outcome than the current system.

Bradley Wiggins should be the next head of UKAD
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    SecretSam wrote:

GO!

It must produce a better outcome than the current system.

Bradley Wiggins should be the next head of UKAD

Ditto.

Boris pants-on-fire de Pfeffel Johnson should be made Foreign Secretary. Oh, hang on.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    orraloon wrote:
    Boris pants-on-fire de Pfeffel Johnson should be made Foreign Secretary. Oh, hang on.

A charismatic and popular man will build on his success at generating foreign investment as London major.

Ball boys and ball girls are exploited by the pro tennis circuit.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    TheBigBean wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

A charismatic and popular man will build on his success at generating foreign investment as London major.

They get stuff free from the likes of Ralph Lauren and it's a day off school

I had some instant coffee earlier.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    TheBigBean wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I had some instant coffee earlier.
    your so busy reviewing bike stuff you deserve a break

cheap chinese carbon wheels perform as well as branded makes
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • TheBigBean

If that is your best argument in favour, I'm definitely not hiring you as a lawyer!
  • bendertherobot
    TheBigBean wrote:

If that is your best argument in favour, I'm definitely not hiring you as a lawyer!

I'm not for hire ;)
  • bendertherobot
    TheBigBean wrote:

Mind, in a previous role, I did actually defend the indefensible.

Namely this stuff:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39352755
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    cheap chinese carbon wheels perform as well as branded makes

They certainly perform as well as Sky's Tirreno Adriatico team time trial wheels...

UCI rules shouldn't apply to teams in their home country.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Footballerists have home crowd and ground advantage, why shouldn't cyclerist teams have the same?

Margaret Thatcher fucked the kids.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    But she did give them a master-class in being talked down to by the pompous, overbearing and arrogant. Milk is very overrated as a drink anyway, especially when warm.

Eastenders.

The older I get, the better I was.

• TheBigBean
    Shakespeare provided regular entertainment to the masses, Eastenders is the modern day Shakespeare.

Umbrella usage should require a licence in built-up areas.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Shakespeare provided regular entertainment to the masses, Eastenders is the modern day Shakespeare.

Umbrella usage should require a licence in built-up areas.

A study showed umbrella injury rate to be 0.34/100,000 persons (Australia, 2012). The injury rate for cycling was 440 per total population (approx. 3.6 M, 2008) which is approx. 12/100,000. But correcting for distance traveled (approx. 50x) the incidence per km per person is about the same. And we all know that cyclists should be made to have a license anyway. QED

Atheism is a religion
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Making cyclists take tests and get licences will pay for funding for new school based cycle training.

So what if Adam Johnson is a convicted unrepentant paedophile? Give him a new million pound contract 'cause he's worth it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.