Hillingdon Tuesday Series?

mr.b-campag
mr.b-campag Posts: 384
edited April 2017 in Amateur race
I'm thinking about having a go at some races after a few years' lay off. Is there still a Tuesday night series at Hillingdon over the summer? I've had a look on the BC site and can't see anything.

Thanks

B

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    They are on there - BC West Thames Series
  • LWLondon
    LWLondon Posts: 55
    May see you down there if you do, I'm hoping to get to a few

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... -Thames--1
  • mr.b-campag
    Brilliant. Thanks both.
  • LWLondon
    LWLondon Posts: 55
    Having looked at the results of the first 2 of these events, wow do the 3rd cat riders overwhelmingly choose the 3/4 race over the E/2/3. Within the 3/4, definitely >50% are 3rd cat.

Does anyone know many 4th cat only races around London? Annoyingly Cyclopark (gravesend) looks too far east for me to get to (work in West end, live in SW), which seem to be the most common!

I may end up still doing the HIllingdon BC series, just seems a bit of a pain if getting outperformed by 3rd cats every week.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    LWLondon wrote:
    Having looked at the results of the first 2 of these events, wow do the 3rd cat riders overwhelmingly choose the 3/4 race over the E/2/3. Within the 3/4, definitely >50% are 3rd cat.

Does anyone know many 4th cat only races around London? Annoyingly Cyclopark (gravesend) looks too far east for me to get to (work in West end, live in SW), which seem to be the most common!

I may end up still doing the HIllingdon BC series, just seems a bit of a pain if getting outperformed by 3rd cats every week.

There are 4th cat only races at Milton Keynes Bowl on Thursday evenings (I think). Starting soon-ish.

Edit: probably a bit far to travel for you
  • imposter2.0
    Looking at the calendar, there do appear to be some 4th only events coming up at Hillingdon. Search for 'Big Events' Series - looks like dates this Saturday 29/4, then 6/5, 27/5, probably others too...
  • Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    LWLondon wrote:

That's how us 3rd Cats feel if we had to enter the E/1/2/3 races :)

MK bowl do indeed have a 4th only race and their season started last week however it is an early start of 6:00PM
  • Alex99
    Vslowpace wrote:
    LWLondon wrote:

It's even worse. A 3/4 race, is still more or less one race. An E/1/2/3 race is a massive range of ability.
  • imposter2.0
    Alex99 wrote:
    Vslowpace wrote:
    LWLondon wrote:

It's even worse. A 3/4 race, is still more or less one race. An E/1/2/3 race is a massive range of ability.

True. Although E/1/2 is more usual than E/1/2/3 I think. My favourite races were always vets 2/3.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    Imposter wrote:
    My favourite races were always vets 2/3.

Or in other words LVRC :)
  • imposter2.0
    VamP wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    My favourite races were always vets 2/3.

Or in other words LVRC :)

ha - that would have been good. These were BC - unfortunately no LVRC anywhere in my region :|
  • Alex99
    Imposter wrote:
    Alex99 wrote:
    Vslowpace wrote:
    LWLondon wrote:

True. Although E/1/2 is more usual than E/1/2/3 I think. My favourite races were always vets 2/3.

Indeed. I'm lucky enough to be doing vets (masters sounds better) races now. 40-49s group generally is faster than open cat 3, but good races. No one is there to kill themselves.
  • mr.b-campag
    Interesting discussion. I thought at these events 3rds are generally expected to ride the e/1/2/3 once they've done an event or two - is that not enforced?
  • imposter2.0
    Interesting discussion. I thought at these events 3rds are generally expected to ride the e/1/2/3 once they've done an event or two - is that not enforced?

If the event is open to 3rds, then 3rds can enter. There's nothing to enforce - either the category is open to them or it isn't.