wednesday 13.84 billion years ago

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, shopping, etc.

another few hundred billion years or so and it won't matter, 'though perhaps it already didn't, either way, i do think it's important to take the long view
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    On train into town. Saw I got an email overnight from our advisors on our mahoosive financial restructure - think I'll get in the office and have a coffee before reading it to see if were good to go as if its not there might be an awkward moment at next weeks board meeting....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    To think that I might not be here if a few hundred billion years is quite upsetting :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Bit of a downer today I'm afraid peeps so there maybe a lack of random rhetoric from MF Towers.

Bit of a busy morning coming up but not really feeling the love to actually leave the house. Let's see how it goes.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    seanoconn wrote:
    To think that I might not be here if a few hundred billion years is quite upsetting :(

depends how things turn out, you might be back at some point, perhaps you already are
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

depends how things turn out, you might be back at some point, perhaps you already are
    The elements that make up Seany will be used again when I die but I'm keeping my options open until then...

The occult. Blood sacrifice to remain ever youthful.

Find a vampire to bite me.

Find the Holy Grail. It's got to be somewhere.

Cryogenics.

Advances in science to halt cellular degeneration.

Become a cyborg.

Apotheosis.

So many options, I was worried there for a minute. :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Far to heavy a start to the morning on here, thus far today ive managed to give myself a nose bleed making toast and iron a weirdly snug shirt so im sat in the office very uncomfortable.
    Headache ensues painkillers and coffee consumed now to muse over such critical matters as, how would a snake wear trousers.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    RIP Dave, the poor feller didn't make it through the night.

Anyway, I managed a run yesterday and felt pretty good doing it and will start looking to arrange our summer holiday later today! It involves a bike, woo (but don't tell the boss...)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    In the office today, well until 2 at any rate as I don't want to overdo it. Rather busy after being off yesterday which is no fun. Today being Wednesday means I will have to go to the pub later.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    my legs really ache today ... also I ran out of coffee, so whilst roasting some more decided to buy a pack of starbucks beans .... eurgh, how not to roast coffee, its been cremated to with in an inch of its life, the beans are so oily they are sticking together I actually had to poke them into the grinder.

I will now need to clean the grinder before I can put my own through it !

pah
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:
    my legs really ache today ... also I ran out of coffee, so whilst roasting some more decided to buy a pack of starbucks beans .... eurgh, how not to roast coffee, its been cremated to with in an inch of its life, the beans are so oily they are sticking together I actually had to poke them into the grinder.

I will now need to clean the grinder before I can put my own through it !

pah

I had to have a starbucks coffee this morning, my LBS who do union coffee had a problem with a lack of electric, whole street did to be fair. I was none to impressed with the attempt from starbucks, oily film on top an yeah very burnt taste
  • veronese68
    fat daddy wrote:
    ...decided to buy a pack of starbucks beans .... eurgh, how not to roast coffee
    Somehow this doesn't surprise me. I don't roast or grind my own beans, but if I did I would not be buying from Starbucks. This is based almost entirely on prejudice and bias so I'm quite happy that it is justified in this case.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    thing is, I knew it would be crap ... but for some reason I still went through with it
  • sungod
    closest to palatable i ever had in a starbucks was the filter coffee, their espresso is just vile (i don't like cow squeezings, syrup, lard etc. in my coffee, maybe they hide the taste, but i'm not the one to ask), only went there as nothing else was open in whatever urban wasteland i was visiting at the time

but the best option is to go to a coffee shop not a starbucks
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    but the best option is to go to a coffee shop not a starbucks
    I generally avoid buying coffee in the UK as I only drink espresso and quality can be so bad, I'll only buy one if I like the look of the place, never in a chain.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I have the lurgy.

More work with Auditors today
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ...rhetoric...

Is that what you call it?!

That's 'cos you didn't feed him the poor bast4rd.
    Garry H wrote:
    I have the lurgy.

Not it's not, it's Hepatitis.

Good afernoons evelybody peeps

Lavazza Qualita d'oro. That's the dogs wotsits and seen as taste is entirely subjective, i'm right and everybody else is wrong.

Cold here. Sparky never turned up. Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Contemplating last night shift, won't be swimming into work. Need to finish fettling wet bike for Saturday's long ride seeing as family have allowed me a day off on my own. Will be overdosing on coffee shortly, nespresso is the way forward or dolce gusto black coffees, way better than starbucks or costa.

Uuurrrgggh. Dirty brown water in a cup.

Lavazza/Segafreddo here, but I do have about 10 bags of Ethiopian from a, ahem, contact in a Ethiopia when a TDV was there (again...) a few months ago.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee from their relative highlands is harsh - too acidic. Relatives and relations keep bringing me bags of Kenya coffee as if being born there means that you have to like the stuff. I was born in a coffee estate too!
    I give it away to the delight of the stupid recipients but it buys credit.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Mainly south american coffee beans are consistently the best for me although Mc Donalds black coffee was the only decent filter coffee you could buy on the high street and still kills most chain store pap.

hasbean.co.uk all the way for me. A new 2kg bag of freshly roasted beans every week from a local grower on the other side of the world and a brief narrative of the story behind the bean.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:

That's 'cos you didn't feed him the poor bast4rd.

putting him in a sealed box full of water didn't help
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee from their relative highlands is harsh - too acidic. Relatives and relations keep bringing me bags of Kenya coffee as if being born there means that you have to like the stuff. I was born in a coffee estate too!

Agree that it's not my favourite but it's better than the watery brown filth most people drink.

Imagine TDNFNATN brining you fresh espresso and cheese on toast with salami, onion and chillies chopped up on it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Like the idea of coffee but not the taste :(

Been a long and painful day, now sat with the rugrats watching top gear
  • Garry H
    edited March 2017
    Pinno wrote:

Agree that it's not my favourite but it's better than the watery brown filth most people drink.

Imagine TDNFNATN brining you fresh espresso and cheese on toast with salami, onion and chillies chopped up on it.

Imagine, TDNFNATN bringing you a ham and pineapple pizza. That's exactly what could've happened if you had come to edinburgh last weekend.

Can't beat Gold Blend if you ask me.

Just kidding. Lavazza all the,way over here. Tried Segafredo, but not impressed. Found it quite bitter.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

Are you telling us the truth when you say you're not from the Valleys?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Just kidding. See above.

I was hewn from the slate quarries of the north.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Just kidding. See above.

Sounds good...
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Just kidding. See above.

Sounds good...

Doesn't it just :wink:
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Just kidding. See above.

Sounds good...

Doesn't it just :wink:

Can you make one up for me?
  • Garry H
    Just a sec
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Imagine, TDNFNATN bringing you a ham and pineapple pizza. That's exactly what could've happened if you had come to edinburgh last weekend.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You never told me TDNFNATN would be there. Gutted.

How fit was she on a scale from incredibly to remarkably?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.