Big Tyres - WTB Riddler 45s

cdempsey
cdempsey Posts: 69
edited March 2017 in Cyclocross
I'm trying to source the WTB Riddler 45 tyres for my Giant Revolt. Cannot find them anywhere in the UK. I emailed WTB and they said the will be available in the UK in mid March. Anybody know where I can get hold of them? Or know of any other bigger CX/Gravel tyres (45 +).

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Any 29x2.0 XC tyre?
  • cdempsey
    trek_dan wrote:
    Any 29x2.0 XC tyre?
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge but are you saying any 29x2.0 will fit my cx rims? How do I then work out the mm width of the tyres.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    No reason why they wouldn't fit your rims.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Yes 29er tyres fit CX rims as they are the same diameter. 2" = 51mm.
  • kevinharley
    kevinharley Posts: 554
    cdempsey wrote:
    trek_dan wrote:
    Any 29x2.0 XC tyre?
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge but are you saying any 29x2.0 will fit my cx rims? How do I then work out the mm width of the tyres.

Your main concern is whether you have enough clearance in the frame / forks for a 29x2.0 in tyre. I would doubt it on a Giant Revolt (although you may be lucky). I have a Saracen Hack which has a decent amount of clearance, and tried to get some Vee Rubber V12 tyres on there (29x1.95) - https://www.amazon.com/Vee-Rubber-X-C-X ... B006GHJESK

They fitted in the frame, but when clogged with mud, started to rub on the inside of the forks.

I've still got them if you have the clearance and want them - 1 month's use, so loads of life left, £15 the pair.
  • cdempsey
    cdempsey wrote:
    trek_dan wrote:
    Any 29x2.0 XC tyre?

Your main concern is whether you have enough clearance in the frame / forks for a 29x2.0 in tyre. I would doubt it on a Giant Revolt (although you may be lucky). I have a Saracen Hack which has a decent amount of clearance, and tried to get some Vee Rubber V12 tyres on there (29x1.95) - https://www.amazon.com/Vee-Rubber-X-C-X ... B006GHJESK

They fitted in the frame, but when clogged with mud, started to rub on the inside of the forks.

I've still got them if you have the clearance and want them - 1 month's use, so loads of life left, £15 the pair.

Cheers for that. I will check clearance tonight. I'm pretty sure it will be OK as the revolt has massive gap for a gravel bike. Bike Radar review says that I should get 50mm tyres on. Will you post out if all is OK?
  • kevinharley
    kevinharley Posts: 554
    cdempsey wrote:

Cheers for that. I will check clearance tonight. I'm pretty sure it will be OK as the revolt has massive gap for a gravel bike. Bike Radar review says that I should get 50mm tyres on. Will you post out if all is OK?

Yep, will do. PM me if you decide you want them.