my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    50 today.

Mincing behind a desk. WTF.

How do you make God laugh?

Tell him your plans

Well I've had the cunt rolling on the floor laughing.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Slowmart wrote:
    50 today.

Tell him your plans

Happy 50th birthday!

A bike ride plan for you...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38461418
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Slowmart wrote:
    50 today.

Tell him your plans

Well I've had the **** rolling on the floor laughing.
    Happy birthday slowmart! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Happy brithday SM.

Been up to PP this morning to read some meters and pick up more final demands for the runaway tennants.

Rained off all weekend so I fitted a door.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Happy cake day Slowmart.

Grey an sideways rain here this morning so declined the pedal to work on my newly fettled commuter. Took a half hour to cover the 2 miles to work for no apparent reason just sheer weight of traffic. Nothing exciting occurring today as its Monday,
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Half a century!! Mind you, that puts you in the below average percentile for BB. It also makes you Stevo's junior as he's nearly an OAP.

Happy 50th all the same.

Moanin evelybody peeps

Going to try and dodge the hail showers and pedal at the same time.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Walked to work ..... what an ineffective use of time ... it takes 4 times as long, its quite boring, races are just too drawn out and hurt your shins. I see now why peds wear headphones, its just something to fill the brain with other than "dodge the pot hole", "dodge the car", "dodge the ped", "pedal harder"

On the upside - there are loads of shops and architecture that I never knew existed .... AND, you stay drier, rain only falls on you when you walk, compare to when you ride you get more wet from the rain that jumps up out of the road on to you
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Slowmart wrote:
    50 today.

happy candle day

any good pressies yet?
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    Slowmart wrote:
    50 today.

HB2U

I'm just back from Cape Town, fresh from not being able to do the cancelled Cape Town Cycle Tour.
    Cancelled on the day because of high winds. Bah!

Maybe next year.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Over a year to go until I hit the half century, assuming I make it of course. Looks like my trip to Denmark might now be cancelled. Bloody annoying in some ways as I have been planning everything around the fact that I was going. But, I really didn't want to go so not a bad thing really. That does of course mean I'm free this weekend if it is cancelled. Fookin' busy in the office and the computers have been misbehaving, just what you want on a Monday morning. I even had to go and deal with a customer that came in. Off to Birmingham tomorrow, deep joy.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Is that the one where folks were desperately hanging on to their bikes to stop them blowing away??
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Happy birthday sm

Day of work meh followed by going to the after party of my mates dads wake - all in all a shoot day
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Is that the one where folks were desperately hanging on to their bikes to stop them blowing away??

Yup! We'd cycled 18 miles to the start without difficulty, and after the event was cancelled 23 minutes in, we cycled 18 miles back home into the wind (too used to Geordie winds) without difficulty.

The main issue with all that footage was the first half mile of the start went out through a civil architectural nightmare wind-tunnel road. There'd also been drought-related fires along the route overnight and protest-related burning tyres at another point. Even if the whole event had gone ahead, they'd already lopped 31km off the route to avoid the fires and protests.

We took the bikes out to the winelands later that day and went and did 50 miles of hills. And vineyard plonk. And more hills. And more plonk. Naice.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Happy Birthday!

I was in Ireland with work all last week and now I have 50 billion emails to catch up on. Seems like a huge amount of work for something we probably won't even be able to go for. Was a good week with one of the more senior members, interesting to hear they all bitch about my line manager too...

Went riding on Saturday then tried to drain the bottom section of our garden yesterday as it's waterlogged. Dug a drain across it then stumbled on a spring coming out of the bank, at least I'm hoping it's a spring and not a cracked water pipe.
  • veronese68
    Ah, forgot to wish slowmart a happy birthday, although when I first read his post I thought he was saying he'd done a 50 miler this morning.
    I fancy doing the Eroica for my 50th. The only problems are it's nowhere near my birthday, I wouldn't be guaranteed a place (although I know people that know people) and of course I'd need to buy an appropriate bike. But buying a bike is only a problem as far as my wife is concerned.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    HaydenM wrote:
    Went riding on Saturday then tried to drain the bottom section of our garden yesterday as it's waterlogged. Dug a drain across it then stumbled on a spring coming out of the bank, at least I'm hoping it's a spring and not a cracked water pipe.

a spring you say?

F_200403_march02ed__217232a.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Slowmart wrote:
    50 today.
    Happy birthday old chap. Ignore the comments on here from those older than you because they're jealous; and comments from those younger than you because they crapping themselves about being as old as you in the near future.

Should have been in Wales but biblical (Welsh) downpours put a stop to that so am having a relaxed day in the office and have re-booked for when its hopefully dryer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    comments from those younger than you because they crapping themselves about being as old as you in the not too near future.
    :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    comments from those younger than you because they crapping themselves about being as old as you in the not too near future.
    Is that sound of pants being crapped I hear? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Is that sound of pants being crapped I hear? :P
    What's it like the other side of 50? Has anything fallen off yet?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Cheers all.

@47b cheers, you've reminded me I need a compact as we're off to the lakes soon.

@ SG Bike bling and whisky....

@ SC i'll let you know tomorrow...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Dodged rain and hail. Got blown about a bit but despite that, sun was quite warm on my back and it was all surprisingly good actually.
  • homers_double
    Looks like the downpour from the weekend is drawing to a close as I can see blue sky from my window which means some form af heart rate increasing activity shuld be on the cards later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    ...as I can see blue sky...

Keep taking the meds.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Looks like the downpour from the weekend is drawing to a close as I can see blue sky from my window which means some form af heart rate increasing activity shuld be on the cards later.

You know you can stay in and do that?
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:

You know you can stay in and do that?

Yep, he can - the missus is away :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Penblwydd hapus Slowmart.

Shite weather, shite day.
  • pinno
    You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic
    "monday is a closed timelike curve" at "BikeRadar Forum". This topic has
    received a reply by Garry H since your last visit. No more notifications
    will be sent until you visit the topic.
  • homers_double
    Got out on the bike, front light died 20km from home and it pissed down with added hail. Not the best ride I've ever had...
    Advocate of disc brakes.