sungod Posts: 16,516
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy out, another cack coated ride looms, with cafes and cake
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Chores, bike parts, beer & meat need acquiring for tomorrow's ride and BBQ.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Little bit of work this morning. The clouds began to part as I opened the front door, cheers God :D Out for a family curry this evening b
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Roof on yesterday, raining today equals result
    Work done yesterday therefore lounging type day with cricket followed by rugby, rugby and rugby equals another result
    Zwift mountains done yesterday therefore flat route today is third result

Life for this one legged pensioner is sweet...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    oxoman wrote:
    St Albans + early = Double f*ck

Morning evelybody peeps

Sod the bloody weather. Feeling a touch better, so there's signs I might stop being the green stuff vessel and Petri dish soon.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Planted some Genovese basil seeds, went for a drive in the Isetta to the market for some goats cheese, now sat with feet up awaiting arrival of café, day's work done, may take the rest of the day off :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Didn't go to Southampton, this is good. So the traditional slow start was enjoyed. This was followed by pottering interspersed with lounging. Currently lounging. Should go and finish tidying the garden really but there seems to be a lot of gravity in the region of the couch at the moment.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Did the long trek North this morning, in near record time: now in the m following the footy. Later may involve a trip to the chippy and some cold cider.

Weather forecast for Wales now looks bloody awful.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Did the long trek North this morning, in near record time: now in the m following the footy. Later may involve a trip to the chippy and some cold cider.

Weather forecast for Wales now looks bloody awful.

You'll just have to man up. Hopefully, the van won't get up due the mud and you'll have to expend some energy.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Now a fully trained and authorised Community SpeedWatch volunteer operative, means get to play with those laser guns. Pretty cool bits of kit, can measure speed at over 600m distance. Means you're clocked before you spot me, even with the compulsory hi-viz on.

Now just got to convince one of the others to tag me on a hot run down the hill into the village - my Garmin never shows me above 60, I reckon I get faster than that.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Now a fully trained and authorised Community SpeedWatch volunteer operative, means get to play with those laser guns. Pretty cool bits of kit, can measure speed at over 600m distance. Means you're clocked before you spot me, even with the compulsory hi-viz on..
    Paid up member of the legalised highwaymen eh. Do you actually get to rob motorists or just scare them?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    I'm the dandy highwayman who you're too scared to mention
    I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
  • Stevo_666
    Some might disagree that a hi viz jacket is looking flash.

Not too scared really, I just go past bang on the limit giving an appropriate hand signal :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Faaackin 'ell. Paid fifty faaackin quid to watch the drudgiest o drudgieries ever at murrayfield then popped into a pub to see quite possibly one of the best games of rugby i've ever seen in my puff, albeit with wales losing then watched england not winning a grand slam then what's his puff won milan san remo in that there italy.

Where's Matthew? I got him a ham and pineapple pizza, well exotic like.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Faaackin 'ell. Paid fifty faaackin quid to watch the drudgiest o drudgieries ever at murrayfield then popped into a pub to see quite possibly one of the best games of rugby i've ever seen in my puff, albeit with wales losing then watched england not winning a grand slam then what's his puff won milan san remo in that there italy.

You paid £50 to watch the Sweaties?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

You paid £50 to watch the Sweaties?
    Aha! Yup.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    ...then what's his puff won milan san remo in that there italy.

Thought Sagan was going to get it for a moment - what an attack up the Poggio.
  • orraloon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I just go past bang on the limit giving an appropriate hand signal :wink:

And that is exactly the purpose. Hand gestures are of course optional, at the discretion of the individual, and bi-directional.

There is a big village green in the middle of ours, lots of kiddie playground kit. We have had 2 kiddie knockdowns there in past year, and while speed may or may not be a factor, a visual deterrent may have the desired effect on the f-wits who boot it past just because they can.

When tagged, no prosecution, but do get a warning letter from police, and if speed high enough a visit from proper polis to have a word.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    ...then what's his puff won milan san remo in that there italy.

Thought Sagan was going to get it for a moment - what an attack up the Poggio.
    Yay Polska!! :D
  • seanoconn
    Excellent curry enjoyed by all last night. Cheers for the tip V68.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Excellent, which one did you go to so I know who to apologise to.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Excellent, which one did you go to so I know who to apologise to.
    Monty's. I was surprised how fast they could run when we skipped the bill but they can't throw a knife for toffee.
  • veronese68
    Monty's is good. The boss is usually very happy and smiley, right up until you legged it at least. Good to see beer other than just Cobra and Kingfisher as well.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Monty's is good. The boss is usually very happy and smiley, right up until you legged it at least. Good to see beer other than just Cobra and Kingfisher as well.
    Best onion Bhajis I've had for a while. Always a good sign.