How old is my saracen raw 2 does anyone no

Raw2saracen
Raw2saracen Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in MTB general
I have a saracen raw 2 had for several months been after one since thay came out i thought i was lucky and got one 167 mint condition just couldn't ever get one till several months ago in perfect working order i got a grey frame black swingarm i say that because i remember seeing the brown frame version well before the grey anyway im quite curious to how old it is all i can find on google is 1 came out in 2000 1 came out in 2004 2006 and 2008 dont no if its true or not all i was looking for was wen thay was released is my bike nearly 10 year old or is it nearly 20 year old and need insurance cos its a classic i dont no lol help

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Any chance of repeating that using punctuation?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Slow down, take a deep breath, and maybe add some punctuation.

A picture or a few would help.

As for value - not a lot.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    The grey frame with black swing arm model is from 2008, I believe.
    It only cost about £350 new so is worth very little now.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thank you and i will post pics wen i no how to and ye sorry i dont no punctuation full stops and i generally spell everything as it sounds and some times short txt my spell checker isn't on but thar is a spelling guide
  • I no its not worth alot i just wasn't sure on wen the bike came out and ive never paid alot for a bike i have a carrera centos 300 and for £350 brand new it takes everything ive put it through same as my saracen raw it takes everything i put it through so i dont see point in spending like a £1000 on a bike wen the ones i have do same job for less than half the price and still going strong and nothings broke yet use to have a saracen raw 1 that was same i got it from an auction for about 40 50 quid it was a rusted wreck but wen ide finished with it it was beautiful and i nailed it everytime i went anywhere on it same as raw2 and centos i nail them any chance i can get out especially wen its been raining i love getting muddy as fuk and never had any issues with any bike so for those people that spend a fortune on a bike and parts naa you dont need to you just need to pick the right bike
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    edited March 2017
    Although if you've never ridden a decent bike then not sure how you know that they do the same job?

Yes it can be done, but I personally wouldn't want to take a £350 bike round Hadleigh Olympic Course or red trails in Wales etc.
  • cooldad
    I no its not worth alot i just wasn't sure on wen the bike came out and ive never paid alot for a bike i have a carrera centos 300 and for £350 brand new it takes everything ive put it through same as my saracen raw it takes everything i put it through so i dont see point in spending like a £1000 on a bike wen the ones i have do same job for less than half the price and still going strong and nothings broke yet use to have a saracen raw 1 that was same i got it from an auction for about 40 50 quid it was a rusted wreck but wen ide finished with it it was beautiful and i nailed it everytime i went anywhere on it same as raw2 and centos i nail them any chance i can get out especially wen its been raining i love getting muddy as fuk and never had any issues with any bike so for those people that spend a fortune on a bike and parts naa you dont need to you just need to pick the right bike

Um er ok...
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    ps. I think 'nailing' bikes is illegal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7095134.stm
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • JBA
    Thank you and i will post pics wen i no how to and ye sorry i dont no punctuation full stops and i generally spell everything as it sounds and some times short txt my spell checker isn't on but thar is a spelling guide

Have a go at using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
    Go on. People* might stop thinking you're a moron if you do.

*Maybe not all people, but certainly some.

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    68259227.jpg

Is this you?