" Compete with yourself " APP

Anze90
Anze90 Posts: 4
Hello,

i want to know if anyone of you knows an mobile APP, where you could track your bike route via GPS and than after
second, third, fourth etc. bike ride on that same route you would compete with yourself. Compete with yourself in sence that this app would show your current time based on your best time on that route.
So like: "you are: 7sec behind your best time" or "you are: 3sec faster than your best time"

Thank you alot for your help

Have an nice day

Anze

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    You ever heard of Strava?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Are you trying to invent Strava?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Pipped! Story of my life...
  • imposter2.0
    keef66 wrote:
    Pipped! Story of my life...

If only there was some sort of app for that.. ;)
  • Anze90
    Anything else than Strava ?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Anze90 wrote:

ah, sacrilege .... some countries you can be hung for saying that.

Try strava though, you can even get GPS units that integrate with strava segments, so you get a countdown to the beginning of the segment, and it shows you your PR, the current PB and if you are above or behind your best time
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I know it's not an app but how about virtual partner on a Garmin
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • imposter2.0
    Anze90 wrote:

Strava does precisely what you asked for earlier. The only other thing I can suggest is riding with real people, but there's no app for that.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    As above.
    Virtual partner on a Garmin, or Strava with Live segments
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I know it's not an app but how about virtual partner on a Garmin

This. You can set your partners speed and vary it as you improve.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Use Strava initially to record the route and once you have decided upon your definitive route, use Ghostracer.

The free version of Ghostracer allows two segments to be saved as ones where you can get real-time stats on how you are doing compared to your best effort. Be warned though, as far as I can tell, you cannot alter the two segments on the free version.

I think the paid version allows multiple (perhaps infinite?) segments to give real-time info.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Anze90
    Use Strava initially to record the route and once you have decided upon your definitive route, use Ghostracer.

The free version of Ghostracer allows two segments to be saved as ones where you can get real-time stats on how you are doing compared to your best effort. Be warned though, as far as I can tell, you cannot alter the two segments on the free version.

I think the paid version allows multiple (perhaps infinite?) segments to give real-time info.

Thank you for your suggestion, i will try it :D