alex Dowsett tt'ing

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2017 in Pro race
seems to be less at the sharp end these days ?? Is he focusing on other aspects...?

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I thought that, but what event would mean you needed to be worse at TTing ?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    The majority of his TT wins have come later in the season, and over longer distances, i.e. 25 kms or above.

It was no surprise he didn't finish higher than 10th yesterday given the short nature of the stage and the fact that he'd spent the previous two days working hard to defend Quintana's lead. Castroviejo, who is an equally accomplished time triallist at Movistar, and had a GC place to defend, was a further 10 seconds back.

If Dowsett stays at Movistar then he's likely going to develop into a similar rider as Kiryienka, a hard working and strong domestique, who occasionally gets the chance to ride for himself on TT days.
  • andyp wrote:
    The majority of his TT wins have come later in the season, and over longer distances, i.e. 25 kms or above.

It was no surprise he didn't finish higher than 10th yesterday given the short nature of the stage and the fact that he'd spent the previous two days working hard to defend Quintana's lead. Castroviejo, who is an equally accomplished time triallist at Movistar, and had a GC place to defend, was a further 10 seconds back.

If Dowsett stays at Movistar then he's likely going to develop into a similar rider as Kiryienka, a hard working and strong domestique, who occasionally gets the chance to ride for himself on TT days.

Kiry also a much better climber, which gives more options for him being able to take advantage of opportunities to ride for himself. Dowsett's a tester and that's about it, at the WT level
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    andyp wrote:

Kiry also a much better climber, which gives more options for him being able to take advantage of opportunities to ride for himself. Dowsett's a tester and that's about it, at the WT level

Both Dowsett & Kiry like cats though
  • ^they both ride on how they're feline

I'm here all week.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    ^they both ride on how they're feline

I'm here all week.

Good one. Fabio in fact.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Dowsett hasn't done much for a few years.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Joelsim wrote:
    Dowsett hasn't done much for a few years.
    He's always been a one or two wins a year rider though (excluding nationals). His Giro stage win was a bit of an anomaly.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Hes been talking about how he can help Nairo in the tour...... The guy posts pictures excitedly when he manages to get over a motorway bridge with the GC boys.
    Peaks for the national TT. Says it all.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Was a great Giro win that one though.
  • Was a great Giro win that one though.

Indeed. He posted his time early doors and was in the hot seat for blooming ever IIRC
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Aye, and he usually does a cracking 10km ITT once a year in the UK.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Was a great Giro win that one though.

Indeed. He posted his time early doors and was in the hot seat for blooming ever IIRC

Beat a lot of heavyweight names.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Joelsim wrote:
    Aye, and he usually does a cracking 10km ITT once a year in the UK.
    Miles surely? ;)