Froome on the fence statement

Vino'sGhost
Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
edited March 2017 in Pro race
Chris Froome has broken silence with a very carefully worded statement that does NOT support Dave B

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39254063

I like him more and more

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    With the best will in the world, our ephemeral friend, there's a few other threads this could have gone into, at least one of which already mentions this.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    It would've been unwise to back DB when he possibly knows no more than we do about any possible wrongdoings. It doesn't really add anything to the story
  • Vino'sGhost
    Well in fairness i added it to the cms thread too but it was ignored in favour of a change of tack to attack froome as the latest one to be dismissed as bitter or a has been.

Same old same old.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Well in fairness i added it to the cms thread too but it was ignored in favour of a change of tack to attack froome as the latest one to be dismissed as bitter or a has been.

Same old same old.

Fair point. As you were.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Similar to Roach's comments in his column last week - along the lines of I neither saw or did anything untoward at Sky, but ultimately I can only be sure about myself.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Similar to Roach's comments in his column last week - along the lines of I neither saw or did anything untoward at Sky, but ultimately I can only be sure about myself.

Probably a good response as if it all goes south you've not tied yourself to it.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Froome doesn't appear to be the most embedded rider on the team, he seems to do his own thing quite a lot. On that basis, he cant be 100% certain of everything that goes on, but knows what he knows and so has issued a statement to that effect. It all seems pretty sensible and reasonable to me. I think people are looking for scandal a bit too much?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I was more surprised by G et al with their ringing endorsements. Either there really is nothing dodgy going on, they are in it up to their necks, or they are thick as pudding. Hope its the former.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    BigMat wrote:
    I was more surprised by G et al with their ringing endorsements. Either there really is nothing dodgy going on, they are in it up to their necks, or they are thick as pudding. Hope its the former.

G, Rowe, Stannard etc. all have a long history with Db via BC and now Sky.
    When G had his serious accident back in '05 and was in Hospital in Australia, DB arranged for his parents to fly out, so he's going to be pretty loyal to him.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    BigMat wrote:

If it were the latter - much much more would have come out.

Remember USPS ? Just about everyone who left got done for drugs shortly after. Not happened with Sky.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    BigMat wrote:
    Either there really is nothing dodgy going on, they are in it up to their necks, or they are thick as pudding. Hope its the former.

Thats all bases covered, so I guess you may well have guessed correctly!
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    I find it odd that the people who have spent the last few Julys insinuating or even outright stating that Froome is doping now look to him as some kind of arbiter of whether Brailsford is likely to have been running a doping ring.
  • Pross wrote:
    I find it odd that the people who have spent the last few Julys insinuating or even outright stating that Froome is doping now look to him as some kind of arbiter of whether Brailsford is likely to have been running a doping ring.

*eyeroll*
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Anyone checked whether Froomey ever shared a room with Josh Edmondson? :-)
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Mikey23 wrote:

To discover the cause of Edmondson's depression you mean?

(With all due apologies to people with mental health issues etc etc)
  • Vino'sGhost
    Mechanism wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

To discover the cause of Edmondson's depression you mean?

(With all due apologies to people with mental health issues etc etc)

Lolol :D
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    Given the ignominy of the Wiggo Froome TDF shenanigans, I can't say I'm surprised that Froome isn't exactly singing DB's praises from the rooftops.
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    I've always had a suspicion that the Sky brigade were using something, I suspect it was / is something that is performance enhancing, but has probably come from a lab somewhere, and isn't on the official list of banned substances. If it is that, who knows where they stand.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Sky are using something that isn't banned ?? And you want to know where they stand ??

I think this sums all these threads up
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    I've always had a suspicion that the Sky brigade were using something, I suspect it was / is something that is performance enhancing, but has probably come from a lab somewhere, and isn't on the official list of banned substances. If it is that, who knows where they stand.

Given that that WADA code explicitly forbids all non-approved drugs then it isn't actually possible to find any grey area:
    Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g. drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format