Ach behind knee

ptenny
ptenny Posts: 14
I've had my road bike 6 months or so and was fully setup on a Retül system, in January I knackered the ligaments in my left ankle so had a month off the bike. Since coming back every time I ride the road bike for the next couple of days I cannot straighten my left leg as behind/inside my knee is killing. Its muscle/tendon (or what ever is in there) related, so what's changed? (it's not my actual knee, more the bottom of my hamstring, top of my calf directly behind my knee)
I can ride my MTB for hours and no issues.
I went out on Sunday and did 65 miles, riding feels fine, but once I stop it starts to hurt then the next day it's like its seized up.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Sounds like a fit issue - so why not go back to your Retul fitter with the problem and ask for a review?
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I had something similar last year, brought about by changing the saddle (but supposedly set at the same height and reach). One day, no problem - next day, tendonitis. It took a good few weeks to heal, including a sports massage, stretching and foam rollering (plus staying off the bike). I then lowered the saddle a touch and boom, all good.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • ptenny
    ptenny Posts: 14
    figbat wrote:
    I then lowered the saddle a touch and boom, all good.
    I think i'll drop the seat a touch so my leg doesn't extend as far