Change for Movistar?

PTestTeam
PTestTeam Posts: 395
edited March 2017 in Pro race
With the recent re-branding, it looks like the iconic Movistar jersey will be changing.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... _nairn.php

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    PTestTeam wrote:
    With the recent re-branding, it looks like the iconic Movistar jersey will be changing.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... _nairn.php

They still look good though :) I think they've got the best jersey in the pro tour :)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    After reading that blog all I can say is that I could never be a logo designer...
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    dish_dash wrote:
    After reading that blog all I can say is that I could never be a logo designer...

Don't knock it - someone's charged them a fortune for essentially changing a bit of colour and a fill effect.

The impact on their sales from this investment will be - next to nothing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Oh I'm not knocking it. I just lack that level of creativity... the curve in the M is used to create the curve in the colour bubbles that have key messages (prices/offers etc)... it's genius!
  • yorkshireraw
    Indeed - that'll be €50K please Mr Telefonica.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    A bargain. It costs that much to feed Betancur for a year.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • PTestTeam
    PTestTeam Posts: 395
    dish_dash wrote:

Don't knock it - someone's charged them a fortune for essentially changing a bit of colour and a fill effect.

The fortune is charged for the designers and agency's experience and skill to know what to do and how to do it.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,123
    dish_dash wrote:

How do you know?
  • yorkshireraw
    dish_dash wrote:

How do you know?

I was being slightly facetious, but having spent nearly 20 years in FMCG, these type of re-designs are often trumpeted by brands (or in a lot of cases, the agencies behind them) as being big news. Subsequent analysis shows few re-designs are the driver of sustained long term growth.
    Put it this way - would you choose a new phone deal based on one of the available suppliers slightly altering their logo?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,123
    dish_dash wrote:

How do you know?

I was being slightly facetious, but having spent nearly 20 years in FMCG, these type of re-designs are often trumpeted by brands (or in a lot of cases, the agencies behind them) as being big news. Subsequent analysis shows few re-designs are the driver of sustained long term growth.
    Put it this way - would you choose a new phone deal based on one of the available suppliers slightly altering their logo?

Not consciously, but I probably wouldn't be inclined towards a tech company that looked dated.
  • yorkshireraw
    dish_dash wrote:

How do you know?

Not consciously, but I probably wouldn't be inclined towards a tech company that looked dated.

That's a fair point - ultimately if the product (whatever it is) doesn't live up to expectations, it doesn't matter how great the logo / name.
    e.g. Carlos Betancur is a great name, but... ;-)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    dish_dash wrote:

This
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,311
    RichN95 wrote:
    A bargain. It costs that much to feed Betancur for a year.

month.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    dish_dash wrote:

The design bit is the easy part.. It's coming up with some bland corporate b******s that justifies what you have done thats the hard bit.
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    I guarantee the first round concepts for this would have been awesome. However, round after round of amends from a committee (people who understand design or not) and levels of management sign-off have resulted in something less than inspiring.

That's not to say it's a bad refresh, though the applications are interesting with those icons. And no one ever designs 'logos' - that's merely part of the bigger picture. As demonstrate by all the applications (posters etc) and how they fit together. It's a lot of work by a lot of people to do this – sadly no magic button that makes it all happen.

I'll go back to my design forum now.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    ^
    It's a lot of work by a lot of people but if it wasn't for this thread I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, wouldn't have noticed the difference.