Inner tubes

eyes32
eyes32 Posts: 11
edited March 2017 in Cyclocross
Currently running schwalbe G-one all round tyres, 40 X 622 (28 X 150) Tubeless And I'm pretty fed up of puncturing these tyres. 4 times in the last month on different terrain. I'm now considering as a trial inserting inner tubes to see if I get more luck when out on rides. The question I wish to ask is, What would be the best size inner tubes for this tyre?

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    What liquid are you using in them for them to not seal up, takes a pretty nasty gash for mine to not seal.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    don't people normally go tubeless to STOP getting punctures .. anything capable of going through the tyre will puncture the inner tube .. and then you get the chance of pinch flats when hitting that rock that you are trying desperately hard not to stare at as you stare at it at high speed
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Eyes32 wrote:
    Currently running schwalbe G-one all round tyres, 40 X 622 (28 X 150) Tubeless And I'm pretty fed up of puncturing these tyres. 4 times in the last month on different terrain. I'm now considering as a trial inserting inner tubes to see if I get more luck when out on rides. The question I wish to ask is, What would be the best size inner tubes for this tyre?

35-45 X 622 is correct size.

I run X-ones which thus far 5 months and counting (with inner tubes) no punctures. What type of punctures do you get? There are advantages to tubes but puncture resistances isn't one of them.