Cannondale Supersix Black Inc 2015

pinches
pinches Posts: 80
edited July 2017 in Your road bikes
Been reading the forum for a while now so i thought i would start a few threads about my bike builds.

First up is my Supersix Black Inc.

I originally bought a 2014 Black Inc Nano frameset, but eventually ended up with a 2015 version after it went back under warranty.

At the moment it's built up with Dura Ace 9000, SISL2 Cranks, Enve Bar / Stem / Post, Fabric ALM Saddle and some older Reynolds Fourtysix / Sixtysix wheels i got through a friend.

Bey.jpg

I'm currently re-building it for this summer with EE Brakes and a few other tweaks.

Comments

• Beaut!

How do you find the saddle comfort?
  • timmyotool wrote:
    Beaut!

How do you find the saddle comfort?

Thanks, Considering it's unpadded apart from a covering of leather, it's actually really good. I've done single rides upto around 200km with no real discomfort :D
  • Fantastic bikes, not a fan of tan sidewall tyres though.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Oh that just looks so right!

Well done ;)
  • Thanks guys. I actually might return to running black tyres at some point this year, my previous Black Inc had them on

2015-01-18131223.jpg

One of the current upgrades i'm doing is rebuilding these old cro mo speedplays with new bearings, Ti Axels, Bowties and Bolts

I am still waiting for the right bolts to arrive, but the bearing change and the axel swap was fairly straight forward and a decent weight saving and no more corrosion.

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg
  • BikeSwan
    BikeSwan Posts: 260
    Lovely SuperSix pinches! I'm a big fan of the gumwall tires. It's a shame I couldn't find any tubeless ones in 25c for my SuperSix build.

How are you liking the Ti axle's on your Speedplays? I have the stainless zero's and love them. Thinking about upgrading to the Ti for the next build.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Tan walls rock, nice build.

Where did you get the ti axle kit? That French site?
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Absolute beauty. Been hankering after one of these for a long time.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lovely - keep the tan walls. They rock.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • What spacer are you using on the headset cover?
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    That's proper, that. Have an ALM on my own himod, great, comfy saddle once it's set up right. A couple of degrees off, it's awful.
  • pinches
    What spacer are you using on the headset cover?

It's a supersix 46x5mm top cap. some bikes have them hidden under the conical spacer, some don't.
  • pinches
    Matt_N wrote:
    Tan walls rock, nice build.

Where did you get the ti axle kit? That French site?

I actually found a place on eBay that sell the same stuff but direct from China. I got a package with 76mm axels, bowties and bolts all in ti.

Thanks for all the comments, I really like the ALM saddle, like you say needed a bit of adjustment but got it there after a test ride.

Recent updates:

I've re-cabled the bike with a lighter weight system, and fitted these: :D

IMG_3050.jpg
  • pinches wrote:

It's a supersix 46x5mm top cap. some bikes have them hidden under the conical spacer, some don't.

Ah, i've got a 2mm on mine but visually they give the same look.
  • pinches
    pinches wrote:

Ah, i've got a 2mm on mine but visually they give the same look.

Yeah won't be far different. My stem is straight onto the headset cover, so no spacers
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Dam i hate when i see builds this good :( makes mine feel pants
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Nice! I have the CAAD10 Disc Black Inc in the same finish.
  • pinches
    Beatmaker wrote:

One of the guys in my office is building one of those at the moment, i keep thinking about having my CAAD12 painted to match for ultimate tartyness.

I sneaked the Supersix onto the scales at work the other day, it's 6.05kg as it stands which is pretty good.

I am still looking for a set of wheels to replace the 46/66 on there though which might see some weight saving
  • pinches wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:

One of the guys in my office is building one of those at the moment, i keep thinking about having my CAAD12 painted to match for ultimate tartyness.

I sneaked the Supersix onto the scales at work the other day, it's 6.05kg as it stands which is pretty good.

I am still looking for a set of wheels to replace the 46/66 on there though which might see some weight saving

Ive got a few sets of wheels for mine, Enve 45's for climbing (1100g) and Enve 4.5's for rolling stuff (1300g)
  • pinches
    Ive got a few sets of wheels for mine, Enve 45's for climbing (1100g) and Enve 4.5's for rolling stuff (1300g)

Tubulars?
  • pinches wrote:

Tubulars?

Yes, and I've just bought some tubeless light bicycle wheels, 25mm wide 25mm deep. Nowhere near the ride of tubulars but probably better for everyday riding and keeping best wheels nice.
  • pinches
    Well i have eventually found some wheels, so after a service and some new 26mm Turbo cottons here we are:

052.jpg

055.jpg

I've done about 300 miles since, it's taking some getting used to how much better the wheels are in cross winds, especially at 5.8kg
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Lovely, are they 4.5 NBT clinchers?

If so, I have the same wheels and would say my previous 404's were better in crosswinds... However, the Enve's are more desirable / special.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • pinches
    Ryan_W wrote:
    Lovely, are they 4.5 NBT clinchers?

If so, I have the same wheels and would say my previous 404's were better in crosswinds... However, the Enve's are more desirable / special.

yeah 4.5NBTs on carbon hubs. To be honest i just wanted an improvement over my previous Reynolds, wider rims and them to match all the other enve finishing kit, so they're ideal.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    pinches wrote:
    Well i have eventually found some wheels, so after a service and some new 26mm Turbo cottons here we are:

052.jpg

055.jpg

I've done about 300 miles since, it's taking some getting used to how much better the wheels are in cross winds, especially at 5.8kg

Looks terrible, hate the colour, wheels look stupid, best you send it me so I can dispose of it. :lol:

PS - great job
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Looks awesome, love it.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire