Yowamushi Pedal

aod43254
aod43254 Posts: 14
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
Dunno if anyone on this site has seen of or even heard of Yowamushi Pedal, but it is a sports anime/manga series about a high school cycling team. It is actually partially what made me want to get a bike and start riding just from how it made cycling look. I'd love to hear opinions on the series from others, especially those who have more knowledge/experience in cycling than myself.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    aod43254 wrote:
    Dunno if anyone on this site has seen of or even heard of Yowamushi Pedal, but it is a sports anime/manga series about a high school cycling team. It is actually partially what made me want to get a bike and start riding just from how it made cycling look. I'd love to hear opinions on the series from others, especially those who have more knowledge/experience in cycling than myself.

Links please as it does sound remarkably cool and I intend on doing nothing at work tomorrow so will have lots of spare time.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • aod43254
    Links please as it does sound remarkably cool and I intend on doing nothing at work tomorrow so will have lots of spare time.
    Here you go
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/yowamushi-pedal
  • Matthewfalle
    Top one nice one our kid - I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Also, Nasu: Summer in Andalusia, and the sequel Nasu: A Migratory Bird with Suitcase, is worth checking out as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasu:_Summer_in_Andalusia
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • aod43254
    Evil_breakfast I had not heard of that series I'll have to check it out, I've come to learn there are actually a number series about bikes/cycling series out there in fact I started a new one Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club, which so far has been a little cuter and overall less of a full shonen anime feel but has had some cute intro to road bike segments at the end of each episode so far, giving information on things like frame material, seat height, accessories, changing flat tires, etc. The series even seems to use bikes with real brands, so far 3 characters each riding a pinarello, cannondale, and Liv respectively, they've also shown the name Giant and Specialized on scenes.
    A list I found of anime involving cycling:http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?include_tags=682
  • Matthewfalle
    Is School Girls Cycling Club kiddie friendly? Sooner I can brainwash my two into anime and bicycles the better!

I

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • aod43254
    Of what I've watched so far I'd say School Girls Cycling Club would be fine for kids. There is a little fanservice but nothing over a PG rating for it, for example the girls wearing their jersey and shorts for the first time and it pans each of them and of course they are quite form-fitting, but honestly I'd say nothing worse than that that I've noticed.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    aod43254 wrote:
    Dunno if anyone on this site has seen of or even heard of Yowamushi Pedal...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a few episodes deep and feeling it.
    tick - tick - tick
  • aod43254
    I learned recently that the author for Yowamushi Pedal actively rides, in fact according to one source his current bike is a Cannondale SuperSix EVO RED.