It's Thursday and we are chained together in the house of pain searching for our truths - beyond goo

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning all!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning sungod..... wait a sec! Garry! :shock:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

office, bail early, curry and champagne later, with extra puppodums

i've eaten all the pineapple, again
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Survived another ride in on the death trap. A balmy 11 degrees this morning. Shredded some kit but was still a bit sweaty. Aiming to get my work finished by lunch so I can enjoy a good thumb twiddle this afternoon.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning folks

Right - I'm leaving the country. Had enough.

Another day of pea souped, freezing cold, pouring down. Sod this, I'm off to live in Antigua. Just got to find some pennies down the back of the couch and I'm out of here.

This now officially sucks.

Oh well, means a day of catching up with P-N at work, bit of a gym session, prep for some bits that are happening at work (which shouldn't take longer than an hour).

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Not feeling it today, Antigua sounds like a plan. Debating a career change, scrap has lost interest for me. Maybe I should re-train and become a hairdresser. No, too much standing up, never mind having to deal with people. I could become a hired assassin, that pays well from what I've seen in films. I can think of a few people I could practice on. I've got one in my sights right now. Mr 47b could open a training school and I could attend under an assumed name. Veronese69, he'd never know it was me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Another day of pea souped, freezing cold, pouring down. Sod this, I'm off to live in Antigua. Just got to find some pennies down the back of the couch and I'm out of here.
    Do you live in Wales or Scotland. Seems pretty nice today.

Survived dentist but need root canal, post and crown on my knackered tooth. It's going to hurt on two fronts. Bit of work to do then later will be driving round to Surrey for a funeral :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Survived dentist but need root canal, post and crown on my knackered tooth. It's going to hurt on two fronts. Bit of work to do then later will be driving round to Surrey for a funeral :(
    Friend was saying he had a similar chat with a dentist yesterday, £2,600 for an implant if the root canal doesn't work.
    Sorry about the funeral, never a nice thing. Where in Surrey is it? Can I send a couple of extra people down to lob in the hole?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    As nothing passed my lips yesterday that wasn't on sale to a minor I managed to get up early and start the pre-work riding with the regular 35km loop.

On average I'm 10% slower than last summer which I'm putting down to being about 3% heavier, I'm working on it at the moment but it's boring as hell.

Running tonight with the local club followed by another early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yeah, sorry about the tooth :shock: and the funeral
    Spent the morning on tinterweb arranging yet another boost for the EU economy. :D
    Mrs B is happyish. Or less inclined to pick fault than usual. :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Driven a decent distance for a meeting that has now been prosponed :(

At least it gives me more prep time

If I can get out of here at a decent time I may just visit the local as it's a pals birthday
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Friend was saying he had a similar chat with a dentist yesterday, £2,600 for an implant if the root canal doesn't work.

I've had my two front teeth done with root canal, kevlar rods glued in and new teeth made (by Renishaw, which is cool), they are excellent and have been fine for the last ~6 years or so. My only worry is that next time I decided to fall off my bike they wont snap at the gum like my real teeth did but cause a horrendous amount of damage that I don't really want to think about. Means I feel guilty every time I ride my mountain bike in an open face helmet...

Just in the office today sorting things for working away next week, best get some euros too. If they trigger article 50 while I'm away will I be stranded there? I'm not sure I could take living in a rural backwater full of lazy, alcoholic chancers but now I come to think of it I might fit in well
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Do you live in Wales or Scotland. Seems pretty nice today.

Beautiful day today in south Scotland! (not the rural backwater above but the description is the same)
  • Garry H
    Yup, nice day in the Central Belt as well.

Had four of my front teeth replaced, after hitting myself in the face with a hammer.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not feeling it today, Antigua sounds like a plan. Debating a career change, scrap has lost interest for me. Maybe I should re-train and become a hairdresser. No, too much standing up, never mind having to deal with people. I could become a hired assassin, that pays well from what I've seen in films. I can think of a few people I could practice on. I've got one in my sights right now. Mr 47b could open a training school and I could attend under an assumed name. Veronese69, he'd never know it was me.

Does this new chap veronese69 know anything about classic cars or lime render, he must know about the Italian Carcano?

Had lunch in the garden, had to come in before the third course as it's too bloody hot :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

Had four of my front teeth replaced, after hitting myself in the face with a hammer.

You did what????

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:

You did what????
    He was hitting a piece of carbon fibre with a hammer before lobbing it over the fence but the hammer bounced and took his teeth out. If only it had been raining at the time the carbon fibre would have dissolved.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Botched suicide attempt?

YCJH_n.gif
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Does this new chap veronese69 know anything about classic cars or lime render, he must know about the Italian Carcano?

Had lunch in the garden, had to come in before the third course as it's too bloody hot :D
    He knows everything, he learnt it all from instructional videos on YouToob.
    Just been for lunch with the Mrs, sunny and 16'C out there and it feels glorious. I don't have the urge to kill anyone at the moment. That could change if someone talks to me.
  • homers_double
    Woo, two decent things happened at lunch. 1/ I spied a CRC box on the table and 2/ the council are cutting down a load of smallish trees on the field behind our house, spoke to the log chopper upperer and they are leaving all the decent stuff there for me to collect after work!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    New headset bearings in my hand, Cane Creek really seem to have upped the game - all looks really nice.

Now lets see if they fit. Not holding my breath.............

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    Now lets see if they fit. Not holding my breath.............

When fettling you should be holding a beer, tis the law.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    No cups so no good. FFS, why do I bother.......

Now in a sulk.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No cups so no good. FFS, why do I bother.......

Now in a sulk.

Beer should be drunk from a bottle, tea from a cup :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    The way this afternoon is going beer will be being drunk from a trough.

Also made the mistake of calling the LBS to see if they had one in stock (very top end bike range stockist) a"errrr, don't know, can you call back tomorrow.

And they wonder why we go online......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sunny day here. Would have spent it pedalling but ended up fixing faults on my car, not 4 weeks since the MOT.

N/S lower Brake caliper slide pin bolt was missing - scary to think I was in the car with the girls doing 70 on the motorway on the way to the lakes. R/H side fog lamp mount had sheared which meant that because the fog lamp was bumping around, it broke the inlet pipe to the headlight washers. Then fixed the front and middle 'sump' guards as they were rattling. Binned the fog lamp and will have to order a new one.
    Whilst investigating why there was so much play on my caliper, as well as the missing bolt, the front wheel bearing was tight soft tight soft - so the fecker who fitted the bearing didn't seat it properly. So I ended up sorting that and putting it all back together, then re-adjusting the play: 1 and a quarter spin of the wheel.
    Car feels super quiet and super smooth now.

Got back home and got a text from a mate who says the mechanic fecker has been sacked! Might mean I get the van saga sorted.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Got back home and got a text from a mate who says the mechanic fecker has been sacked! Might mean I get the van saga sorted.
    Was reading that thinking you really need a new mechanic. That's beyond incompetence.
  • I can't believe how difficult it is to get Hammerite* off skin.

*other skin staining products are available.
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

You did what????

Yup, just that.Bosh! Right in the coupon! Less than a week before I got married as well.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Spent the morning on tinterweb arranging yet another boost for the EU economy. :D
    The tooth will just be expensive. Hope I don't have to go to many more funerals in the near future, that's 3 I've been to in 10 months now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    The tooth will just be expensive. Hope I don't have to go to many more funerals in the near future, that's 3 I've been to in 10 months now...

Pretty shite that Stevo. Did three in just over a year a few tears back. All mates my own age :(

Did four teeth in a oner though, so I win that one :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

You're a jinx.
    Perhaps you should change your avatar.

DeathVectorSilhouette.jpg