Pain = Excellent swearing combo's

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
Anyone else notice that when you are in pain especially if its unexpected you get really creative with venting your frustration.

I stubbed my toe last night and screamed out "son of a c**nty f**k wh*re" - I was genuinely impressed at my new found verbal creativity.

Comments

• mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    Maybe one of those mental Japanese game show things could pick this up and run with it - They give you a paper cut or a slight bash on the funny bone with a hammer and the person with the most inventive collection of swear words gets a relaxing spa weekend !
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    mr_eddy wrote:
    I stubbed my toe last night and screamed out "son of a c**nty f**k wh*re" - I was genuinely impressed at my new found verbal creativity.

That's tough to beat. Deserved an audience. Ideally, an old biddy or a clergyman.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    The pain reduction from swearing apparently works best if you aren't a frequent profanicist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoalges ... f_swearing - so don't use up all your good combinations all at once.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Ah, the joys of the foam roller. It's the only time I find religion, in order for blasphemy to be more satisfying.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    mr_eddy wrote:
    Anyone else notice that when you are in pain especially if its unexpected you get really creative with venting your frustration.

And I bet the pain abated somewhat after the string if expletives. Swearing is one of the best analgesics.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Try being squashed into a kitchen sink cupboard trying to re fit a new tap hose for a new tap around a gas meter , a previous numpty diy er had left a huge blob of solder making the fitment almost impossible, trying to saw a clean edge with just a hacksaw blade wrapped in gorilla tape as there is no ******* space to do anything or even see anything properly..
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    The funniest swearing I ever heard was from an Austrian ski instructor when I was about 15. The fact that his outbursts have survived over 30 years in my memory is testament to their quality. My favourite was "You bloody, f@cking, cnuting, w@nking spunk bubble."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,630
    JGSI wrote:
    Try being squashed into a kitchen sink cupboard trying to re fit a new tap hose for a new tap around a gas meter , a previous numpty diy er had left a huge blob of solder making the fitment almost impossible, trying to saw a clean edge with just a hacksaw blade wrapped in gorilla tape as there is no ******* space to do anything or even see anything properly..
    I once found my self in a similar situation head first under a kitchen sink. Turning the water off to disconnect the tap (previous "plumber" having not fitted any servicing valves), the stopcock head sheared off. Both parents were in the room passing tools and cups of tea, so I had to restrain myself to a very heart-felt "bother!". Eventually managed to file a flat onto the stump and get some mole grips onto it and slowly inch it to the off position.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Takes me back to when I was playing school football.
    An extremely tall, and fat, lad (maybe 17 stone) clattered into me, then fell on top of me.
    Expletives apparently ensued.
    I was not only sent off for foul and abusive language, but had to run 4 laps of the pitch for my sins.
    I never did find out what horrific curses I had used. :shock:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Fudging doo-dahs
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Ar53y f##kblankets

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    We once owned a Renault Scenic - anyone else who has owned one will know that it has numerous combinations of seating configuration. I was "playing" with the seats when one of them locked itself, not round the metal pin on the floor but round my index finger - properly locked around it, essentially the entire seat was dangling from my (now bleeding) finger. At this point our lovely, elderly, ever-so-polite neighbour appeared at the end of the driveway for a chat.

Neighbour : Good morning, what are you up to today?
    Me : Aaaaagh, J****, f*****g C****t, you c*****g f****r. Good morning Andrea, oh nothing much.....
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"