Shooters Hill to Lambeth advice

Merlydog
Merlydog Posts: 58
edited March 2017 in Commuting chat
Hey all, I've recently moved house and will be embarking on a new commute from Tuesday onwards.
I've cycled Epsom to Lambeth for years, it's around 13 miles and isn't a bad route at all with the CS7 running from Morden but....
I'm now going to be parking in the Shooters Hill Greenwich Park area and cycling in from there.
Any advice on which route to take.

I've considered dropping through Greenwich Park and then using Q1, or even sticking to the A2 but I know from experience that can get tight in parts and is generally very busy.

Any opinions/advice or anyone that does similar is very much welcome your views.

Thank you.

Comments

• inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    I took Q1 the other day and thought it was generally very good. Maybe not the quickest option, but much more relaxing than the main roads.
  • Merlydog
    Merlydog Posts: 58
    Ok inbike thanks. Maybe I'll try that first then :-)
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Merlydog wrote:
    I'm now going to be parking in the Shooters Hill Greenwich Park area and cycling in from there.
    Any advice on which route to take.
    Most of Shooters Hill Greenwich Park area is controlled parking so be careful where you leave your vehicle.
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    I regularly cycle from Plumstead to Vauxhall area.
    Through Woolwich, Greenwich, New Cross, then on up to the Oval through Peckham.
    A fair bit of it is cycle / bus lanes.
    As already said check out your parking in advance as a lot of restrictions around.
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.