Vintage / retro cycling kit

philcubed
philcubed Posts: 260
edited March 2017 in Vintage bikes forum
Anyone recommend a decent place to get inexpensive vintage/ retro cycling kit (for Eroica Britannia)? Prendas cyclismo has some very nice kit, but a bit expensive for something I may not wear often. Ebay has loads of stuff, but most looks a bit ropey. Also, anyone who has done it before, long sleeve or short sleeve Jersey?

Comments

• giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    I have to say that you've probably missed the boat for cheap, decent stuff since the the eroica craze multiplied my " never got round to getting rid of it" cupboards' value by a factor of x.
    A lot of the eBay stuff, especially from the regular sellers, is in good condition in my experience. Check the feedback, and if budget is an issue, stay away from the " classic" designs and go for something obscure and continental instead.
  • Thanks, I'll have another look on ebay, though it mostly looks like terrible 80s designs!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    philcubed wrote:
    Thanks, I'll have another look on ebay, though it mostly looks like SO BAD ITS GOOD 80s designs!

FTFY
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills