Which Rotor/BB to order for new Power2Max?

BurntHoosier18
BurntHoosier18 Posts: 27
edited March 2017 in Road general
I'm about to purchase my first power meter but am unsure of how it will all fit together.

I have a Felt AR with an Ultegra crankset on it. It's BB30, which Rotor says all of their products should fit.

I'm unsure of whether the 3d+ or 3d will fit the bottom bracket I have in it. The 3d+ is the 30mm spindle diameter and the 3d is the 24mm. The outside of my BB cups say FSA 24 Reducer.

Will the 3d+ 30mm spindle fit inside my current BB, will the 3d, or will both?

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    If you're current bike has an Ultegra crankset on it already then it's a 24mm spindle so the Rotor 3d will fit.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • hambini
    hambini Posts: 113
    If you are bothered about weight, I think the 3D+ is lighter, you will have to change your BB though - but have a look as you might have some delrin adaptors which you can simply remove and you'll be back to straight bb30
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I'm about to purchase my first power meter but am unsure of how it will all fit together.

I have a Felt AR with an Ultegra crankset on it. It's BB30, which Rotor says all of their products should fit.

I'm unsure of whether the 3d+ or 3d will fit the bottom bracket I have in it. The 3d+ is the 30mm spindle diameter and the 3d is the 24mm. The outside of my BB cups say FSA 24 Reducer.

Will the 3d+ 30mm spindle fit inside my current BB, will the 3d, or will both?

Thanks in advanced.

I've a P2M on a Rotor 3D24 in my Reacto that has a BB30 BB. I found using adapters like the FSA ones is a waste of time and so purchased a BB386 to 24 BB from Velotech. Runs a lot smoother since.

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/ ... sp?cat=236
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.