Odd name for a restaurant . . .

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited March 2017 in The cake stop
Am I the only one who thinks a disease caused by malnutrition is an odd choice to name a restaurant after?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39127043
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I have only ever known Norma as an Opera or a girls name ..... must go look up malnutrition now
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Not if you've raised the point on cycling forum.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    No Mas, can't afford those Michelin prices :D
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Isn't it one of the best restaurants in the world? Noma, Denmark with 2 Michelin stars (didn't Michelin start as a guide for truck drivers in France?). Up there with that Heston Blumenthal bloke's restaurants (before he expanded into a pub and his employees apparently failed to prevent an outbreak of a serious stomach bug allegedly).
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    for a moment i was wondering what huggy bear was doing there

no(rdisk) + m(ad) reportedly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I'm going to Denmark for work in 3 weeks, do you think they will have the new place set up by then. Might be a struggle to explain that one on expenses though.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    I only know Noma as the restaurant - suppose it depends what circles you mix in.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm sure our old Christmas tree lights were made by Noma.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    sungod wrote:
    for a moment i was wondering what huggy bear was doing there

no(rdisk) + m(ad) reportedly

'Mad' is Danish for food, but then again I have a Danish friend and what he considers as food is mad :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    danish food drove me to drink, then i couldn't remember the food

it's where i first formulated my theory that eating foreign food in a foreign country is asking for trouble, italian food in denmark was a particularly bad experience

better to pretend you're swedish, buy a crate of beer, you can use the crate as a seat while you drink the contents
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny