Bolt help!

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Hi

Trying to find a replacement for one of the items in the image, it's the middle cylindrical item that is used for attaching shifters to a bar, does anyone know what it's called and if you can purchase separately?

Screenshot_20170227-195646.png
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Try Googling something like 'hex socket sleeve nut'. It looks something similar to the nut that holds a brake caliper on - sleeve nut was what I searched for when I needed one of those.

PS...
    Just found this...

http://www.jejamescycles.com/shimano-st ... Akvz8P8HAQ

I know you wanted the nut separately, but at £8 at JEJames it's only 60% of your original posted cost, if you can't find the separate item.

Good luck.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I believe they have never ever changed size, so just go to local dump, grab a bike, take it off.

Then dismantle bike, smash each individual component with a hammer and chuck into next door's garden.

Jobs a fish.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    SME wrote:
    Try Googling something like 'hex socket sleeve nut'. It looks something similar to the nut that holds a brake caliper on - sleeve nut was what I searched for when I needed one of those.

PS...
    Just found this...

http://www.jejamescycles.com/shimano-st ... Akvz8P8HAQ

I know you wanted the nut separately, but at £8 at JEJames it's only 60% of your original posted cost, if you can't find the separate item.

Good luck.

Thanks, I've found a couple in my garage I think. They are shiney silver rather than black, but look like they'll do the job. I've measured them with a 5mm allen key and it fits, so should be good
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2