s-works loveliness

oldredpinarello
oldredpinarello Posts: 101
edited March 2017 in Your road bikes
32373325413_39a92ed96b_k.jpgAPV_2921 by avoake, on Flickr

32343528154_f755865736_k.jpgAPV_2924 by avoake, on Flickr

I finally decided to inspire myself into more km's this year, so have spent a winter scraping together parts from classifieds and forums, with a splash of eBay.

S-works tarmac 2016 - Matte black 54cm
Crank: Dura Ace 9000 50/34
Rear mech: Dura ace 9000
Front mech: Dura ace 9000
Shifters: Ultegra 6800
Cassette: Ultegra 11-32 (some steep stuff over here!)
Bars: 3T tornova stealth carbon bars 42cm
Stem: 110mm zipp beyond black
Wheels: Mavic cosmic ultimate
Saddle: Specialized romin

k-edge chain catcher and some quite lovely carbon cages from aliexpress, and she is now ready to go!

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Like that!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    edited March 2017
    I wasn't sure why you titled the thread as such ... then I realised you're a person who changed the thread title ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Good job, enjoy in good health.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sanspoof
    sanspoof Posts: 111
    It's my birthday today, please can I have this?
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    type:epyt wrote:
    I wasn't sure why you titled the thread as such ... then I realised you're a person who changed the thread title ...

I saw your original post but not the original thread title and was very confused.
  • siddy1972
    siddy1972 Posts: 180
    Very nice. Any issues with the 32 cassette on SS rear mech?
  • siddy1972 wrote:

nope, a 32 cassette works a treat with the short cage rear mech on this frame. I even accidentally sipped it into big big and nothing exploded (though I would not do this unless completely by accident!) When things really ramp up the 32 is great, though some of the gaps in the cassette are horrible, still undecided if I will stick with this or go back to a 28.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Very close to pulling the trigger on a Di2 version of this.

How do you rate it to previous bikes you've owned?
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    siddy1972 wrote:

nope, a 32 cassette works a treat with the short cage rear mech on this frame. I even accidentally sipped it into big big and nothing exploded (though I would not do this unless completely by accident!) When things really ramp up the 32 is great, though some of the gaps in the cassette are horrible, still undecided if I will stick with this or go back to a 28.

Bike looks great , really like this

I ran this for a whole season with 32t on ss mech no issues at all , i mixed up a ultegra and dura ace cassette to get better low down ratios , but to be honest i find the 32 a bit of an odd gear its hard to gauge how to ride it , if you stand up on very steep hills it feels like your going nowhere , drop back to 28t for 2017 , rode Italian mountains on 28t last year on a hire bike and it was fine , but yes 32t runs on ss with a bit of setting up
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • Ryan_W wrote:
    Very close to pulling the trigger on a Di2 version of this.

How do you rate it to previous bikes you've owned?

I need to give it more of a chance before I can give it a full review, but so far very happy with it. It is actually quite chunky and solid compared to what I have had before which was a bit unexpected. It is no featherweight by any means, but that wasn't what I was after. I wouldnt go for the matte black again, looks too normal, and gets filthy. I just got a great deal on it! It is way too much bike for me but so far, I really love it.
    limoneboy wrote:
    siddy1972 wrote:

Bike looks great , really like this

I ran this for a whole season with 32t on ss mech no issues at all , i mixed up a ultegra and dura ace cassette to get better low down ratios , but to be honest i find the 32 a bit of an odd gear its hard to gauge how to ride it , if you stand up on very steep hills it feels like your going nowhere , drop back to 28t for 2017 , rode Italian mountains on 28t last year on a hire bike and it was fine , but yes 32t runs on ss with a bit of setting up

I am also just giving the 32T a run out, I have never had 11 speed before, so thought I would give it a try. I am thinking closer gear ratios might be even better. I see it as a bail out gear on long hilly rides with some steep pitches, it is a ludicrously light gear. I have managed the alps before with a 34/28..... We will see!
  • INPTT
    INPTT Posts: 16
    Very stealthy