Training Stress Score (TSS) on TraineRoad

sh-g
sh-g Posts: 30
Hi guys,

Am I correct in saying that if a TSS is for example 69/74 then the effort wasn't enough?

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    sh-g wrote:
    Hi guys,

Am I correct in saying that if a TSS is for example 69/74 then the effort wasn't enough?

I'm pretty sure that is correct, ie if your ERG trainer has had a bit of lag in picking up the effort, or you've backed off for a bit here and there for whatever reasons.
    Presume dropouts could also accentuate this.

If you up the intensity beyond the 100%, this then makes the TSS score higher than that prescribed.

Certainly will not be doing that anytime soon, just completed the 90 minute Geiger +2, and it was hard graft.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • sh-g wrote:
    Hi guys,

I assume this in relation to planned and completed?
  • sh-g
    sh-g wrote:
    Hi guys,

I assume this in relation to planned and completed?

Yes, you are correct. TrainerRoad give 74 as I presumed was the target and my score was 69. However I must add my Ant+ dongle conked on me during the last reps so I presume that had an effect on the result. I am pleased I seem to have understood that :lol:
  • sh-g
    Daniel B wrote:
    sh-g wrote:
    Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure that is correct, ie if your ERG trainer has had a bit of lag in picking up the effort, or you've backed off for a bit here and there for whatever reasons.
    Presume dropouts could also accentuate this.

If you up the intensity beyond the 100%, this then makes the TSS score higher than that prescribed.

Certainly will not be doing that anytime soon, just completed the 90 minute Geiger +2, and it was hard graft.

Thanks DanielB.

Yes I had the % at 110% and my Ant+ conked on me at the start of the last reps. Doing "Bashful" VO2" max. :lol: