B-Tension Screw

Jms123
Jms123 Posts: 7
edited March 2017 in Workshop
When I tighten the screw, it slips of the hanger, any ideas why this is? It was supplied with the correct hanger, running a ultegra 6800 rear mech

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    assuming nothing is bent/broken

slips off where...

inner edge?
    outer edge?
    lower edge?

check if the rd is screwed on all the way - no gap between it and hanger
    check if the rd is cross-threaded into the hanger - some hangers are quite soft, makes cross threading easier

pics?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • just taken it to the LBS, the b-tension screw was slip of the hanger, the guy said its just a failing with Cannodale and its hangar, he bent the screw slightly so it sits more on the hanger.
  • Jms123 wrote:
    just taken it to the LBS, the b-tension screw was slip of the hanger, the guy said its just a failing with Cannodale and its hangar, he bent the screw slightly so it sits more on the hanger.

:shock:

Was the shop called Bodgit and Scarper?!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I guess it didn't occur to the mechanic to replace the hanger or is one now on order...along with a replacement b screw ;-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So when you turn the crew through 180 degrees it won't just slip off it will miss completely.

I'd ask for a free b-screw fitted by someone who has a clue!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.