Moderately Moist Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Slightly later start than usual as I have a bit of unintended plumbing to attend to. Wet to brush my teeth before bed and was greeeted by the sight of rather a lot of water from the bathroom through most of the kitchen. Deep joy. Glad I saw it before I went to bed as it could have been a lot worse. Was only gone for about 15 minutes before I saw it, bathroom was already more than 2" deep. Rather moist outside too.
Happy Monday everyone.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Kitted up ready to ride to work and it's started absolutely pouring down. Oh well, that's put paid to that idea. Best get into the gym asap when I get in.

Apart from that, chilled out day I hope - buts here's hoping. Catch ya in 30.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Its is Monday, the week has reset, time to see what it brings. Bonus though, the Date left her travel mug of tea behind this morning. Took that with me to work
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I bought a new chainsaw on the weekend and spent hours cutting stuff up, all is well. No real plans for the week so hopefully I will get out of the office to look at sites* while the weather is OK

*Steal firewood
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Out to get more insulin, then back home to wait for a parcel to be delivered, fire cement (literal translation)...

...living the high life :D

After lunch go to a beach cafe to meet a friend for coffee, then go and see a man about some sky hooks.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Wet, site visit, work, wet, possible run, bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    V68 why didn't you leave it you could have had a swimming pool instead.
    Unfortunately it was the cold tap so it would have been a tad chilly.
    Poxy push fit connector pushed off a copper pipe. Poly pipe joined onto copper pipe I was told push fit is great, completely reliable and works fine to join the two. It may be fine on first installation but after a few years of taps being turned on and off and probably a fair bit of vibration it blew off. Thankfully it did it before I went to bed as it could easily have been going for 7 hours. A quick Google this morning before fixing it said JG Speedfit are the ones to have, avoid hep2o because they are sh!t was one comment I found. Guess what brand I have. Now replaced with a Speedfit and will investigate other options later.
    Now sat at my desk feeling snotty and tired.
  • Day off today using up my a/l entitlement so I don't lose it. Been to a spin class at the gym as the weather forecast was for heavy rain which surprisingly hasn't turned up yet.

Used to get offered logs from sites all the time but when energy prices starting going up all the lads on site cottoned on to all that free fuel (incl. off cuts) and starting installing wood burners. I'm the client for gods sake so it's really my timber. Must treat myself to a new chain saw soon.

Now got to have the debate with wifey and eldest child on how to spend the rest of the day - this could be painful
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just managed to avoid the worst of the weather on my first commute of the year

Good day at work so far and the wife is painting the bathroom at home - life is good
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997

Used to get offered logs from sites all the time but when energy prices starting going up all the lads on site cottoned on to all that free fuel (incl. off cuts) and starting installing wood burners. I'm the client for gods sake so it's really my timber. Must treat myself to a new chain saw soon.

What sort of sites? I always see good hardwood logs lying around on construction and infrastructure type sites, it was even better when I was a tree surgeon. Shame I didn't have wood as my sole heating source back then!

In my current job I am quite sure operators steal wood from us but at a guess someone may get through 6t/year on the stoves, which will be roughly 0.0012% of this years projected tonnage. Seeing as the stuff they would want would be as old as possible it will be the lowest value at about £14/t return rather than £45/t (which makes up roughly 65% depending on quality). I'm not overly worried
  • HaydenM wrote:

What sort of sites? I always see good hardwood logs lying around on construction and infrastructure type sites, it was even better when I was a tree surgeon. Shame I didn't have wood as my sole heating source back then!

In my current job I am quite sure operators steal wood from us but at a guess someone may get through 6t/year on the stoves, which will be roughly 0.0012% of this years projected tonnage. Seeing as the stuff they would want would be as old as possible it will be the lowest value at about £14/t return rather than £45/t (which makes up roughly 65% depending on quality). I'm not overly worried

Slow day at work? Yep construction sites, I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to free wood,, not too knotty, not to thick/thin, nothing evergreen. Cut to a length that it will fit in the back of a car with the seats down in fact I'd prefer to pick them up all ready for the fire :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Not connected to the previous post... :D

The roof, the roof, the roof is on, well the roof is on the floor :D

9CDF79A7-609E-467F-952C-1DF2D9B08736.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    team47b wrote:
    Not connected to the previous post... :D

The roof, the roof, the roof is on, well the roof is on the floor :D

9CDF79A7-609E-467F-952C-1DF2D9B08736.jpg
    So it's mainly cosmetic, a dab of paint here and there and you're good to go :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    There is something definitely wrong in the state of Portugal when a building project moves along at this pace. Perhaps T47 has managed to wire his imagination into the computer...

@ VN: Hepworth Acorn. Do not use press fit, it's shyte. use it with brass/metal compression fit. The only difference with copper is a metal insert (not the plastic that's on offer) to stop the tube collapsing when you tighten the nut.
    I have done most of the utility room in PPP by that method and the water pressure is immense - no leaks first attempt. Buy a small tub of Jet Blue/Jet lube assembly paste and there's an inexpensive cutter that cuts it perfectly square and keeps it round. The other beauty of it is, with a lot of press fit, you cannot reverse the procedure; you have to cut 2" off the damn pipe if it goes wrong/leaks. With HA, you can remove the brass olive reasonably easily.
    Sometimes, cheap Poly pipe doesn't have the internal metal either - very good as an anti rodent shield and frost defence. That's why it's called 'barrier pipe' (too much pipe for little old you but you get the picture):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-Pushfit- ... CTOULnEbKg

If you buy the cutters, the assembly paste,some inserts and some handy pack of 15mm and 22mm olives, you'll have a permanent kit for any emergency.

Inserts:
    s-l400.jpg
    Paste:
    s-l225.jpg
    Cutters:
    s-l400.jpg
    Metal 15mm inline valves - great for bathrooms/toilets/sinks. Sink tap>flexi pipe>inline valve perhaps? (fits straight on)?
    s-l400.jpg
    Converters for 15mm to 22mm step up/step down?:
    s-l225.jpg

Me PBG all day me and the rest of the week :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Snowing over here.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Snowing over here.

Lucky barsteward. They said we are to have snow here tonight.

Long day at the office (again)?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Just been told by my mate that his greenhouse on his allotment where we used to sit and talk shite and drink beer has had one blowjob too many courtesy of Doris.
    Sad days indeed.
  • pinno
    Did he leave the door open? All you need for disaster to happen, is an open door or a little crack.

Why can't you sit and talk shite in your/his living room with him?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Snowing over here.

Catching up after being off last week. Off again next week.

Cat doesn't like the purring of the leopard.
  • ballysmate
    I can talk shite anywhere.
    It's a gift.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Snowing over here.

If your domestic moggy was to eat a magic miracle grow pill, you would be on the menu.
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It's a gift.

...and you felt the need to remind us of that? :wink:
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Snowing over here.

If your domestic moggy was to eat a magic miracle grow pill, you would be on the menu.
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It's a gift.

...and you felt the need to remind us of that? :wink:

Well you're not the sharpest tools in the box.
    Tools? Yes. Sharp?...
  • pinno
    By the plurality of your reference, you're referring to GH and I.

I see.

Thanks.

Mate.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    By the plurality of your reference, you're referring to GH and I.

I see.

Thanks.

Mate.

Any time. :wink:
  • pinno
    When is the next talking shite meeting arranged for? Can't you give him a hand and put the greenhouse bck together. Maybe commandeer a plank and a couple of buckets to make a bench?
  • ballysmate
    His missus has just had a hip replacement. The poor fcuker (Him not his wife) is on household duties at the mo. :lol:
  • pinno
    No action for him then (maybe he should give it till Friday).
  • Garry H
    Doesn't your mate have a shed?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    No action for him then (maybe he should give it till Friday).

Yeah he said he will wait til the weekend. He is what they used to call a 'new man'. All heart.
  • ballysmate
    Garry H wrote:
    Doesn't your mate have a shed?

Shed is still standing and will suffice, but more cramped than the GH and obviously not as cosy.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    @ VN: Hepworth Acorn. Do not use press fit, it's shyte. use it with brass/metal compression fit.
    Yes, lesson learnt. I originally did the plumbing in this place with copper pipe and compression fittings as I don't trust my soldering. I originally didn't replace the feed into the bathroom as it was in the concrete floor, then about 3 years ago we had a damp problem. Suspecting a leak in the floor I bypassed that and after years of being told how great polypipe and pushfit was I went with it. Boy do I regret that. Might replace it with copper sooner rather than later. Certainly the fittings at any rate.
    Whilst I can't blame a plumber as I did it, at least I didn't have to pay for a plumber ot come out and sort it for me.
    @T47, that's most definitely not a roof.