1 mavic freehub pawl?

jude2001
jude2001 Posts: 53
edited May 2017 in Workshop
So I can't find the spring for my second pawl, would it be safe to only use one?

Comments

• bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Safe, well the worst that will happen is the single pawl will not be up to the power put through it and break. Depending on what you are doing at the time it could result in just a broken pawl, or a broken you (if standing up going for it on a steep hill for example). Is it wise, probably not, but the choice is down to you. Would I do it? No, the thing is designed with more than one pawl, just get another spring.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • In 1 hour I have now built up a full 10 speed bike as my backup. but I'm going to buy a spring as soon as possible.
  • Found it!! it was stuck in the doormat.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    As an inquisitive youth I partially dismantled the freewheel on my bike. I stopped at the point I realised that things were about to spring apart, but on reassembly only one of the pawls was operating because I'd mangled the other spring. Was still functioning when it was stolen 10 years later. Too much to hope that it failed under the thief, crushing his testicles on the crossbar...
  • jude2001
    jude2001 Posts: 53
    keef66 wrote:
    As an inquisitive youth I partially dismantled the freewheel on my bike. I stopped at the point I realised that things were about to spring apart, but on reassembly only one of the pawls was operating because I'd mangled the other spring. Was still functioning when it was stolen 10 years later. Too much to hope that it failed under the thief, crushing his testicles on the crossbar...

I can't stop laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dhungerf
    dhungerf Posts: 65
    So your the one........my plumbs still hurt :shock: